The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL June 2014 MATHS GCSE

What do you think the boundaries will be like. I have been looking at the boundaries year on have realised it has been going up for the last three years. Also what is the highest possible boundary for a B.
140 ish for a B
Reply 2
Original post by lilypear
140 ish for a B

140 for a B is usually A. Please only comment if you know your facts.
Isn't like I wanted a B at GCSE anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by lilypear
Isn't like I wanted a B at GCSE anyway.

Did you not read the question. It states what is the highest possible boundary for a B
Original post by Basim97
Did you not read the question. It states what is the highest possible boundary for a B

I thought you were referring to Mathematics B, soz. Perhaps 93 for a B grade
Reply 6
Original post by Basim97
What do you think the boundaries will be like. I have been looking at the boundaries year on have realised it has been going up for the last three years. Also what is the highest possible boundary for a B.

Looking at around 115 maximum for a B, its normally around the 105 mark.
An A is normally around 140, 155 maximum.
An A* is normally around 165, 175 maximum.

Both the A/A* grade boundary increased dramatically last year, the grade boundary for an A* is increased by roughly 8 marks, that's unheard of.
Reply 7
Original post by S.Ahmad
Looking at around 115 maximum for a B, its normally around the 105 mark.
An A is normally around 140, 155 maximum.
An A* is normally around 165, 175 maximum.

Both the A/A* grade boundary increased dramatically last year, the grade boundary for an A* is increased by roughly 8 marks, that's unheard of.

.??

B - 100/200
A - 135/200
A* - 169/200 (Max)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by JAIYEKO
.??

B - 100/200
A - 135/200
A* - 169/200 (Max)

You're assuming the previous years grade boundaries will be the maximum... I'm sure the grade boundaries will continue rising.
My teacher predicts this year it might be 60 on each paper to get a B. Which is the highest. So 120 altogether but it depends on the paper. If it's a hard paper the grade boundaries will be low. I hope it's low I need a B!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Does anyone have the topic list for non calculator

Quick Reply

Latest