I need help for my GCSE English Exam next week!

Watch
suems
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, so I'm going to be sitting my English GCSE Language exam next week, and I need some help with the second part of the exam.
The second part is to do with writing, and Question 5 is to do with an informative piece, whereas Question 6 is to do with writing to argue for or against something.
Does anybody know how I can layout my answer for Question 5? I've already been given a framework for Question 6, but any more help would be great :]

Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by suems)
Okay, so I'm going to be sitting my English GCSE Language exam next week, and I need some help with the second part of the exam.
The second part is to do with writing, and Question 5 is to do with an informative piece, whereas Question 6 is to do with writing to argue for or against something.
Does anybody know how I can layout my answer for Question 5? I've already been given a framework for Question 6, but any more help would be great :]
I'm not entirely sure if it's a sensible thing to plan out an essay that you don't even know the title of. How are you meant to lay out an answer to a question you don't know?
suems
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The question will either be to describe or to inform. It's just the context that will vary.
E.g. Write an article for the paper which describes your experience of the outdoors
Is there some sort of framework that could be made for this type of question?
possum_box
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by suems)
The question will either be to describe or to inform. It's just the context that will vary.
E.g. Write an article for the paper which describes your experience of the outdoors
Is there some sort of framework that could be made for this type of question?
This has been bugging me too, as I usually dive in without structure: I find it easier to pick an opening and get swept away by the words.
But an easy tip for a plan is to think of the place and pick 4/5 main features in it and dexcribe them in detail in each paragrph. Even draw a quick sketch!
Also, try to include humour: satire, irony- it goes well with examiners
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads