The Student Room Group

ICT AQA INFO1 20 Mark Question Help

Hi,

I was looking at a 20 mark question on the January 2013 INFO1 paper and I don't exactly know how to go about it. I have look at the markscheme and seen the aims of the question but it isn't very helpful.

The question is:

'A student is going to take a gap year to backpack around the world.

Discuss the available mobile devices, equipment and application software that could be of use to the student on her travels and recommend what she should take with her.'

- What sort of things would you include (please give an example)

Thank you very much!
The way i would answer this question is by giving a quick intro, by saying a definition of what each of all of these are, and then go in to saying what possible things would be suitable and give the pros and cons. For mobile devices, i would say smartphone, laptop or tablet, digital camera, mp3 player and give reasons why they would be suitable and what she could use them for (they're all portable and she's travelling could be a pro). The equipment each of these devices would need, a USB cable to connect the mp3 player/camera to the laptop, headphones/speakers for the output of sound for the mp3 player, a wifi card/dongle would be needed to connect to wifi spots. For app software, i would say, photo manipulation software to edit her photos, instant messaging software/video conferencing software to keep in contact with family and friends (if you say video conferencing, you would need to say she needs a webcam), digital media player software, e.g. itunes for her to purchase her songs on. Anything can be said as long as you justify why she could use it, and then conclude the answer by saying how all of these interlink.
Reply 2
Original post by chloewellsss
The way i would answer this question is by giving a quick intro, by saying a definition of what each of all of these are, and then go in to saying what possible things would be suitable and give the pros and cons. For mobile devices, i would say smartphone, laptop or tablet, digital camera, mp3 player and give reasons why they would be suitable and what she could use them for (they're all portable and she's travelling could be a pro). The equipment each of these devices would need, a USB cable to connect the mp3 player/camera to the laptop, headphones/speakers for the output of sound for the mp3 player, a wifi card/dongle would be needed to connect to wifi spots. For app software, i would say, photo manipulation software to edit her photos, instant messaging software/video conferencing software to keep in contact with family and friends (if you say video conferencing, you would need to say she needs a webcam), digital media player software, e.g. itunes for her to purchase her songs on. Anything can be said as long as you justify why she could use it, and then conclude the answer by saying how all of these interlink.

Ah I see! Thank you so much, when I read mobile device I immediately thought mobile phone and couldn't get into my head that that would also include anything that is portable! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest