The Student Room Group

Can you apply for the same university two years in a row?

Hey! :biggrin:

I'm sitting my A2's at the moment, and I am so worried I am not going to make my Firm offer, as I think I'm going to run out of time revising for everything! :afraid: And I have a back up plan and everything for it in case I don't get in this year!

However my worry is, I really want to go to Leeds for Psychology, and that is my firm at the moment, so the thing is as they have accepted me this time, what's the chances they will accept me another time? If anyone has any stories where they have been accepted twice or know anyone who has been that would be awesome! Because that's what I'm mainly worried about at the moment!!

Thank you!!

Rowan x
Reply 1
What do you mean? If you`re talking about if you dont get your grades, dont worry, thats what Clearing is for, as unis might lower their entry requirements to fill in extra places :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RB136444
Hey! :biggrin:

I'm sitting my A2's at the moment, and I am so worried I am not going to make my Firm offer, as I think I'm going to run out of time revising for everything! :afraid: And I have a back up plan and everything for it in case I don't get in this year!

However my worry is, I really want to go to Leeds for Psychology, and that is my firm at the moment, so the thing is as they have accepted me this time, what's the chances they will accept me another time? If anyone has any stories where they have been accepted twice or know anyone who has been that would be awesome! Because that's what I'm mainly worried about at the moment!!

Thank you!!

Rowan x

In the rare chance that you actually see this, can I ask if you ended up getting your firm?
I did, I withdrew my place from last year and reapply
And I was offered a place again this year

You can reapply but it is up to the university whether they are taking you or not. Note that the university will know you're an reapplying applicant as your application number will be the same, also you need to withdraw from your firm or/and insurance from last year to reapply!
Original post by Sky.high
I did, I withdrew my place from last year and reapply
And I was offered a place again this year

You can reapply but it is up to the university whether they are taking you or not. Note that the university will know you're an reapplying applicant as your application number will be the same, also you need to withdraw from your firm or/and insurance from last year to reapply!

Did you apply for the same course?
Original post by plzdontbetaken3
Did you apply for the same course?

(They haven't posted in 2 and half years so may not respond)

Yes, you can apply for the same course again, and yes, you may receive another offer. Admissions teams don't hold grudges, although getting an offer previously is not a guarantee that you'll get one the second time around.
7 year old thread .....
Original post by Admit-One
(They haven't posted in 2 and half years so may not respond)

Yes, you can apply for the same course again, and yes, you may receive another offer. Admissions teams don't hold grudges, although getting an offer previously is not a guarantee that you'll get one the second time around.

How will unis react to you applying a second year in a row for a different course?
Original post by plzdontbetaken3
How will unis react to you applying a second year in a row for a different course?

They won't care. You'd be considered the same as any other applicant.

Latest

Trending

Trending