The Student Room Group

CoNfUsEd...What do I do?

Hey

I'm an 18 year old guy and work part time as a model. The thing is that I've been offered to work full time as a professional and my photographers etc say that i have unique look; they have never seen many people like me (I am NOT braging or anything about this). I've been offered contracts from A&F and even Diesel. The problem is that I'm supposed to be going to uni where I hope to graduate and my dads says that he can get me into investment banking really easily. I enjoy both fields of work but my family wouldn't be too keen on the former. The pay of both careers isn't bad either.

WHAT DO I DO?
Reply 1
I'd say go to college and get ur degree or whatever it is and then consider the modelling after. At least then uve got something to fall back on if the modelling doesnt work out.

However the agencies or whatever might not want u then, its a tough decision. Go with your heart and what you really want to do.

Karen x
Reply 2
yh, you can carry the modelling on part time can't you? so get your degree go into modelling and then when you get older and cant model anymore you can go into banking
Reply 3
I agree i think u need to make this decision for you not for anyone else even if it does mean u taking a risk. I'm sure whatever you decide ur parents will support you.
good luck
Reply 4
Be a model or work a 9-5 job in a bank. I know what i'd decide to do. But yeh getting your degree and carry on with modelling part time keeps all the options open. Don't let your family or anyone else decide your future btw, its your career at the end of the day!
Reply 5
despite wat i sed in my last post thats just logic talking, if you really love modelling and really want to do it then do it, why wait til after uni, otherwise at best youll be wasting time, at worst youll have missed a great opourtunity
Reply 6
I say... do the modelling whilst you still have your looks :P You can go to Uni anytime!

Alternatively, ignore me and do what the more sensible people suggested... Even though it is the boring option o_o

Latest

Trending

Trending