Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if there are many students on the forum who've taken a gap year and are starting in September? It'll make me feel slightly less old!

If so, what are you studying and what hall are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Alex-hustu has taken a gap 2 years during which he passed his first year of physics and then miserably cocked up his second year, now he is taking comp sci. If you find anyone else who has 0 and 1% in two exams, then let us know as we know of no-one else to equal this feat!!

ReputationRep:
    I started my course when i was 21, ONE year outis nothin!

Seriously though mate, it seems like at least half the people at my halls (spc) had taken a year out or more, so you wont be on your own at 19 or whatever you are. The oldest 'fresher' at spc was about 33 if i remember right

ReputationRep:
    Yea one of my mates michael from this year (who was elected to be hustu bar manager before NH took it over as a cafe) was 23, he had taken 5 years between school and his a-levels and had a bit of a shocker to say the least, studied phys and has just transferred to comp sci with alex, they have a similar path in life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
    Alex-hustu has taken a gap 2 years during which he passed his first year of physics and then miserably cocked up his second year, now he is taking comp sci. If you find anyone else who has 0 and 1% in two exams, then let us know as we know of no-one else to equal this feat!!
    ah, big michael's about 42 or something. (ok, i might have got the 2 and the 4 the wrong way around...)

and yeah, I was well lazy

freshers: don't do what I did :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have technically taken a gap year because I'm restarting in Sep to do Art History So I'll be a first year again! My "gap year" was essentially the trial year where I thought I wanted to do Neuroscience just to realise no way do I ever want a science job!

I'm in a house in Lenton but am trying to mix with first years and am a little anxious about not being able to hence why I'm on the forum lol! What course are you doing? PM me if you want

ReputationRep:
    i see you discovered the facebook sigs too.

ReputationRep:
    yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    I started my course when i was 21, ONE year outis nothin!

Seriously though mate, it seems like at least half the people at my halls (spc) had taken a year out or more, so you wont be on your own at 19 or whatever you are. The oldest 'fresher' at spc was about 33 if i remember right
    Good to know. I'll be 21 when I start and 22 the week after Fresher's Week.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic, but how d'you get the facebook sigs?

ReputationRep:
    click the 'Create a Profile Badge' link under your photo on your profile.

ReputationRep:
    alex copied me, ***** ... because i have 2 networks though it looks gash if i make it horizontal... gay

ReputationRep:
    Im techincally gonna be a gap year student also, same as Iris! Had a trial year in science (human genetics) it sucked! Now im starting again doing law and i cant wait!!!

ReputationRep:
    It says i can't use html in my sig. Is that some **** to do with me not subscribing or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    I cant use html either, i tried to use a java version of my current sig but obviously the scripting involved was possibly "malicious" so you cant.

ReputationRep:
    Balls. Bloody tinternet

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.