The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Alex-hustu has taken a gap 2 years during which he passed his first year of physics and then miserably cocked up his second year, now he is taking comp sci. If you find anyone else who has 0 and 1% in two exams, then let us know as we know of no-one else to equal this feat!!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I started my course when i was 21, ONE year outis nothin! :wink:

Seriously though mate, it seems like at least half the people at my halls (spc) had taken a year out or more, so you wont be on your own at 19 or whatever you are. The oldest 'fresher' at spc was about 33 if i remember right
Yea one of my mates michael from this year (who was elected to be hustu bar manager before NH took it over as a cafe) was 23, he had taken 5 years between school and his a-levels and had a bit of a shocker to say the least, studied phys and has just transferred to comp sci with alex, they have a similar path in life...
Reply 4
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Alex-hustu has taken a gap 2 years during which he passed his first year of physics and then miserably cocked up his second year, now he is taking comp sci. If you find anyone else who has 0 and 1% in two exams, then let us know as we know of no-one else to equal this feat!!

ah, big michael's about 42 or something. (ok, i might have got the 2 and the 4 the wrong way around...)

and yeah, I was well lazy :biggrin:

freshers: don't do what I did :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I have technically taken a gap year because I'm restarting in Sep to do Art History :biggrin: So I'll be a first year again! My "gap year" was essentially the trial year where I thought I wanted to do Neuroscience just to realise no way do I ever want a science job!

I'm in a house in Lenton but am trying to mix with first years and am a little anxious about not being able to :redface: hence why I'm on the forum lol! What course are you doing? PM me if you want :biggrin:
i see you discovered the facebook sigs too.
Reply 7
yup
Reply 8
freshestkid
I started my course when i was 21, ONE year outis nothin! :wink:

Seriously though mate, it seems like at least half the people at my halls (spc) had taken a year out or more, so you wont be on your own at 19 or whatever you are. The oldest 'fresher' at spc was about 33 if i remember right

Good to know. I'll be 21 when I start and 22 the week after Fresher's Week.
Off topic, but how d'you get the facebook sigs?
Reply 10
click the 'Create a Profile Badge' link under your photo on your profile.
alex copied me, bitch ... because i have 2 networks though it looks gash if i make it horizontal... gay
Reply 12
Im techincally gonna be a gap year student also, same as Iris! Had a trial year in science (human genetics) it sucked! Now im starting again doing law and i cant wait!!!
It says i can't use html in my sig. Is that some **** to do with me not subscribing or whatever?
I cant use html either, i tried to use a java version of my current sig but obviously the scripting involved was possibly "malicious" so you cant.
Balls. Bloody tinternet

Latest

Trending

Trending