Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl i know this is down to my discretion..but im in turmoil about where to stayfor my alevels. I could stay at my sixth form as i been offered a place or go to Q.E in Leicester (got a place) it's kind of good there! :rolleyes: But i dont know what to do .is it better to broaden my horizons or stay where i know the teachers are good and will push me?
    (my best friend is going q.e too)

I hope some one can help me.the A levels i have picked i am guaranteed good teachers and stuff in sixth form, and the teachers are really supportive!

Does anyone here go to Q.E college in Leicester?

THX EVRY1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    Hey ppl i know this is down to my discretion..but im in turmoil about where to stayfor my alevels. I could stay at my sixth form as i been offered a place or go to Q.E in Leicester (got a place) it's kind of good there! :rolleyes: But i dont know what to do .is it better to broaden my horizons or stay where i know the teachers are good and will push me?

I hope some one can help me.the A levels i have picked i am guaranteed good teachers and stuff in sixth form, and the teachers are really supportive!

THX EVRY1
    do what your heart tells you to do

ReputationRep:

THX EVRY1
    why did you post the thread twice?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _meiko_)
    why did you post the thread twice?!!!
    because noone replied to the first one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    because noone replied to the first one
    yeah, but did you see the time difference between them?

ReputationRep:
    i think she didnt do it in purpose, she is new and probably made a mistake... is that right gemma?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _meiko_)
    i think she didnt do it in purpose, she is new and probably made a mistake... is that right gemma?

Oh sorry evry one i think i clicked the buttoon twice or the history on my computer did something strange lol....I am new though!

What shall i do i don't know what my heart tells me lol .im really baffled!
    What's more important education or broadening horizons...that's a bit general though

ReputationRep:
    College will give you a lot more indepence.

Sixth is more like school but probably better taught. Unless its a good college I would go to the sixth form.

If its a community college the difference can be major.

ReputationRep:

THX EVRY1
    I think that if you are coasting and have just settled into a little niche at your current school after 5 years there, you should change to Q.E... if you feel that you are still being challenged and finding lessons interesting then stay where you are- you cant fix it if it aint broken!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry evry one i think i clicked the buttoon twice or the history on my computer did something strange lol....I am new though!

What shall i do i don't know what my heart tells me lol .im really baffled!
    What's more important education or broadening horizons...that's a bit general though
    no worries and welcome to uk-learning forums by the way, hope you enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    I had the same decision to make, and i decided to stay on at my sixth form at school. As i am now nearly finished Yr13 im really glad that i did stay as i was familiar with the school, and needed the extra push and rules that school offered. if i was at a college i am sure i would have done a lot less work. even though there are more rules and it is more strict than college it is still more relaxed than yrs 7-11, so it does seem more enjoyable! But at the end of the day the decision is different for each individual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma123)
    I had the same decision to make, and i decided to stay on at my sixth form at school. As i am now nearly finished Yr13 im really glad that i did stay as i was familiar with the school, and needed the extra push and rules that school offered. if i was at a college i am sure i would have done a lot less work. even though there are more rules and it is more strict than college it is still more relaxed than yrs 7-11, so it does seem more enjoyable! But at the end of the day the decision is different for each individual
    I had to go to college because theres no sixth forms at schools here

I hated school anyway and got a place at a good college so i guess it turned out OK in the end :rolleyes:

The fact that it's less strict is good because you have to start making your own decisions on things more than at school, plus you do have a lot more freedom.

But as someone else said, it is your decision at the end of the day as to what suits you.

ReputationRep:
    personally i would say, stay in 6th form, if you still like the school and the teachers etc, i only know one person who has not regretted their choice to go to college!! but the others were probably too immature to motivate themselves enough???!! so if you think you can handle it, go for it!!! if you want to keep some support, amongst people and teachers that know you, stay at school

ReputationRep:
    amendment to previous post, bear in mind that a-levels are pretty full on, do you think you could handle the new start, as well as your work??? remember that you will get that chance for new experiences at uni (if you want to go????)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma18)
    amendment to previous post, bear in mind that a-levels are pretty full on, do you think you could handle the new start, as well as your work??? remember that you will get that chance for new experiences at uni (if you want to go????)
    I fink its easy to manage really... because I've met loads of new friends and college is fun (def more fun than school) and I'm still managing to get the work done. I think it's up to you and if you think you'll be able to motivate yourself enough to get the work done. But I've found the new change to be a good thing

ReputationRep:
    good for you!! you sound like the (one!!!) person i know!!! she loves it as well, and is hopefully going to do french and chinese at leeds next yr!!!....eekk!!! not next year, THE END OF THIS ONE!!!! do you do that as well...ie forget how soon it'll all be over!!!????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma18)
    good for you!! you sound like the (one!!!) person i know!!! she loves it as well, and is hopefully going to do french and chinese at leeds next yr!!!....eekk!!! not next year, THE END OF THIS ONE!!!! do you do that as well...ie forget how soon it'll all be over!!!????
    Yeah I'm amazed at how fast this year's gone! :rolleyes: The exams seemed like so far away in september but now theyre nearly here and if I should be revising (if I could drag myself away from these forums). I think your success probably relies on your willingness to work and just get on with the stuff set... but then again they're your A-levels and if you want to work and get high grades you will wherever you are. I was lucky enough to get into one of the (supposedly) top sixth from colleges in the country and everyone now is a lot more willing to do the work than in school. There's more of a work atmosphere really and theres a lot of like minded people that Id've never met if i was still at school.

Go college!

ReputationRep:
    Hey people thanks for all the advice...at the end of the day i feel i would do better at my sixth form.so i'm staying on here.They'll be new people that move from other schools to ours,so there will always be a new mix, also i can broaden my horizons at university, I think i need as much support as possible fro the A levels, which i'm more sure ill get if i stay on here at my sixth form.

Wherever i go i do think i have the self motivation to do well, but something tells me sixth form!

Thanks everyone. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good choice. I stayed at 6th form, because I knew I wouldn't get the work done at college and at it was great. And yes, new people and new rules do make it very different to Yr. 11.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.