This discussion is closed.
fifi53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
have a new net md and it comes with sonicstage to do your uploads from. i have read that its not the best to use and real is a better way to manage uploads.
anyone have a sony net md?
is sonic stage/real/media player preferable for transferring tracks?
is 4LP any good, or best avoided?
this is all new to me - my old pansonic md player came just before all this stuff started!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fifi53)
have a new net md and it comes with sonicstage to do your uploads from. i have read that its not the best to use and real is a better way to manage uploads.
this is all new to me - my old pansonic md player came just before all this stuff started!
4lp - best avoided quality is not as good as recorded on normal mode. sonic stage - abit of a dodgy software - lots of bugs thats all i know = havent used a sony md myself but know quite abit about sony techs -maybe someone who has used one could help you
Rakooga
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah i have one, but it came with "Open MG jukebox" which is fine, didn't get sonic stage with it (the name sounds pretty impressive tho ). I usually use 2LP coz I can't really tell the difference with stereo but you can with some songs on 4LP (probably all in the mind)
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have a Sony NetMD and use SonicStage. I know it ain't the smoothest of programs but it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I now use the LP4 stereo mode. I'm not really bothered about sound quality, as long as I can listen to it, I'm happy. At least I can fit more songs on it. I have at least 90 songs on one minidisc with some more space left.
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fifi53)
The best software to use is Nero.

Read http://www.minidisc.org/NetMD_faq.html#_q84
retrac
Report 16 years ago
I just use Real Player - just need to d/l the small plug-in thing which it prompts u to do when u select sony devices, or somethin like that. The rest of the prog is pretty 'bloated', but i been usin it with my MZN10 for over a year now with no probs! If u wanna upload an entire CD, u can d/l a prog called 'Simple Burner' which lets u do the whole cd at once!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by retrac)
I just use Real Player - just need to d/l the small plug-in thing which it prompts u to do when u select sony devices, or somethin like that. The rest of the prog is pretty 'bloated', but i been usin it with my MZN10 for over a year now with no probs! If u wanna upload an entire CD, u can d/l a prog called 'Simple Burner' which lets u do the whole cd at once!
What do you think of the N10? I've heard that if the battery goes it's about £100 to replace. I was looking at that and the MZN-910. I think i'll go for the 910.
retrac
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
What do you think of the N10? I've heard that if the battery goes it's about £100 to replace. I was looking at that and the MZN-910. I think i'll go for the 910.
Well, like i say, been using mine for over a year now, and its pretty kool! No battery probs, but i havent really researched the cost of a new one! Always got that bulky screw-on thingy for normal batteries!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by retrac)
Well, like i say, been using mine for over a year now, and its pretty kool! No battery probs, but i havent really researched the cost of a new one! Always got that bulky screw-on thingy for normal batteries!
Sounds good, i still think i'd go for the MZN-910. Is it actually impossible to scratch the MZN-10 case because it's made out of magnesium?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Sounds good, i still think i'd go for the MZN-910. Is it actually impossible to scratch the MZN-10 case because it's made out of magnesium?
I'd go for the 910 as well.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
I'd go for the 910 as well.
Thanks, i'll do that. Now to find a good price.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.35%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.58%
Change uni choice through clearing (91)
23.7%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.68%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.69%

Watched Threads