Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have a new net md and it comes with sonicstage to do your uploads from. i have read that its not the best to use and real is a better way to manage uploads.
    anyone have a sony net md?
    is sonic stage/real/media player preferable for transferring tracks?
    is 4LP any good, or best avoided?
    this is all new to me - my old pansonic md player came just before all this stuff started!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    have a new net md and it comes with sonicstage to do your uploads from. i have read that its not the best to use and real is a better way to manage uploads.
    this is all new to me - my old pansonic md player came just before all this stuff started!
    4lp - best avoided quality is not as good as recorded on normal mode. sonic stage - abit of a dodgy software - lots of bugs thats all i know = havent used a sony md myself but know quite abit about sony techs -maybe someone who has used one could help you

Yeah i have one, but it came with "Open MG jukebox" which is fine, didn't get sonic stage with it (the name sounds pretty impressive tho ). I usually use 2LP coz I can't really tell the difference with stereo but you can with some songs on 4LP (probably all in the mind)

ReputationRep:
    I have a Sony NetMD and use SonicStage. I know it ain't the smoothest of programs but it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I now use the LP4 stereo mode. I'm not really bothered about sound quality, as long as I can listen to it, I'm happy. At least I can fit more songs on it. I have at least 90 songs on one minidisc with some more space left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    The best software to use is Nero.

Read http://www.minidisc.org/NetMD_faq.html#_q84

ReputationRep:
    I just use Real Player - just need to d/l the small plug-in thing which it prompts u to do when u select sony devices, or somethin like that. The rest of the prog is pretty 'bloated', but i been usin it with my MZN10 for over a year now with no probs! If u wanna upload an entire CD, u can d/l a prog called 'Simple Burner' which lets u do the whole cd at once!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retrac)
    I just use Real Player - just need to d/l the small plug-in thing which it prompts u to do when u select sony devices, or somethin like that. The rest of the prog is pretty 'bloated', but i been usin it with my MZN10 for over a year now with no probs! If u wanna upload an entire CD, u can d/l a prog called 'Simple Burner' which lets u do the whole cd at once!
    What do you think of the N10? I've heard that if the battery goes it's about £100 to replace. I was looking at that and the MZN-910. I think i'll go for the 910.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    What do you think of the N10? I've heard that if the battery goes it's about £100 to replace. I was looking at that and the MZN-910. I think i'll go for the 910.
    Well, like i say, been using mine for over a year now, and its pretty kool! No battery probs, but i havent really researched the cost of a new one! Always got that bulky screw-on thingy for normal batteries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retrac)
    Well, like i say, been using mine for over a year now, and its pretty kool! No battery probs, but i havent really researched the cost of a new one! Always got that bulky screw-on thingy for normal batteries!
    Sounds good, i still think i'd go for the MZN-910. Is it actually impossible to scratch the MZN-10 case because it's made out of magnesium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Sounds good, i still think i'd go for the MZN-910. Is it actually impossible to scratch the MZN-10 case because it's made out of magnesium?
    I'd go for the 910 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I'd go for the 910 as well.
    Thanks, i'll do that. Now to find a good price.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.