Hey Women it's not Guys fault

Watch
Jonn_Snowed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay, first of I just want to say I do not think we should discriminate people based on their weight. It is wrong to bully or insult a person on the fact. Although I dont think we should place emphesis on being comfortable with your body no matter the shape. This I dont agree with. I think we should place emphesis on being comfortable with your body no matter the shape as long as it is healthy. If someones weight is damaging to their health whether under or over I think we need to encourage them to reach a weight which is healthy. As long as its healthy we should encourage that.

Now onto the reason I made this thread. Not all but it seems to be a common theme for men to be slated for having unrealistic expectations of women. How a majority place pressures for women to be skinny, a thigh gap etc... An example of this is "real men love curves, dogs like bones". I would like to address several issues surrounding this.

One real men dont give a ****. We will go for whatever we like, shocking as it may seem to some of you but not all men are attracted to different things the same way some females are. If a men isnt attracted to you because you have curves or whatever what, move on! There is no reason to change yourself for someone. You cant please everyone. The only reason you should change is if it's positive and it's for you.

Second, we do not place unrealistic expectations on women as some seem to think. There might be some *******s who pressure some but this is a minority. Not everyman desires you to be size zero.

Third: you know why there is pressure on females is because ofa social criteria imposed by that of the media. What do you think every guy is responsible for this? I might get some stick for this but, thd problem is more female than male. These magazines with skinny fashion models at size zero are made for... yes women. They are catering for you not us. Most of us dont care about that stuff. If you dont like what you see dont blame us., dont slate or argue at us. Go and harass the people making the magazines. Also there also seems to be some confusion about men what. Most men do prefer curves and not a skinny chickenwing with no meat. Females think this not men.

Also Im not saying everyone thinks or acts this way, Im just trying to address an issue I've seen.

If i havent made sense or havent been clear just say and I will try and clarify. It probably would have been smarter not to do this on my phone.
Катя
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:K:

I've never seen anyone claim that it's 'men's fault'?

It's just a weird cultural thing. Intense focus on appearance.
Jonn_Snowed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Катя)
:K:

I've never seen anyone claim that it's 'men's fault'?

It's just a weird cultural thing. Intense focus on appearance.
I seen several, they state that men place unrealistic expectations on women to change their body shape. All I planned on doing was to address those who thought that way
Катя
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cyphrex)
I seen several, they state that men place unrealistic expectations on women to change their body shape. All I planned on doing was to address those who thought that way
Oh, okay. Well, yeah, I guess the kinds of guys who say things like "7/10 would bang" on a daily basis and/or generally discuss girls' appearances in a harsh way aren't helping the situation, but (I hope) those are pretty rare, and more of an exception than a rule.

I mean, I used to be insecure as **** about how I wasn't "a 9", but nah, life's alright.
Jonn_Snowed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Катя)
Oh, okay. Well, yeah, I guess the kinds of guys who say things like "7/10 would bang" on a daily basis and/or generally discuss girls' appearances in a harsh way aren't helping the situation, but (I hope) those are pretty rare, and more of an exception than a rule.

I mean, I used to be insecure as **** about how I wasn't "a 9", but nah, life's alright.
I was more trying to focus on the issue of weight and media pressure but I can see with what yout saying links.

As a guy I wont deny it is common for us to discuss who we find attractive or not. However we usually discuss it with each other we dont really going out rating people. However there are those who discuss those in a harsh way but those are pretty rare.
Looks are subjective end of the day one person may appear attractive to one and not to another.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed