The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kristinx if you dont like SOAS as much why dont you sub it for somewhere which is less academically rigorous... not saying go for somewhere bad, just one that isnt regarded as one of the very best schools.
Reply 141
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Kirstinx if you dont like SOAS as much why dont you sub it for somewhere which is less academically rigorous... not saying go for somewhere bad, just one that isnt regarded as one of the very best schools.

Such as? I am thinking possibly Northumbria or Lancaster.
Reply 142
What about Kent or Reading?
Reply 143
Kent is too far away and I dont want to go to Reading.
Reply 144
Kent is far, it was effort for me and thats coming from Birmingham, just the trek across london(i had to change twice coz sumidiot threw themselves on the victoria line and the circle line was part down) then it actually took me the same time to get form Victoria to Canterbury as it did from Birminghamto Euston, so imagine Cumbria to Kent, woo!
Reply 145
mtbab
Kent is far, it was effort for me and thats coming from Birmingham, just the trek across london(i had to change twice coz sumidiot threw themselves on the victoria line and the circle line was part down) then it actually took me the same time to get form Victoria to Canterbury as it did from Birminghamto Euston, so imagine Cumbria to Kent, woo!

From north west of england to the south east.:rolleyes: It would probably take 8 hours at least and I would have to go in the car to take all of my stuff:p:
Apologies on name spelling ... london unis will take bloody ages too you know! And you will need the car wherever you go.
Reply 147
to get into London isn't as back its goin out the other end lol
Reply 148
It's ok, everyone does it.

London is far, but Kent is just too far. Anyway being at London I'll be able to see my boyfriend every weekend, being in the north I'll see him some evenings in the week in Kent I wont. Plus Kent is by the sea:/
Reply 149
mtbab
to get into London isn't as back its goin out the other end lol

True, plus I like London:smile: Although I dont want to work there when I qualify I think I will enjoy doing my degree there.
enjoy the sheer cost :wink:
Reply 151
kirstinx
It's ok, everyone does it.

London is far, but Kent is just too far. Anyway being at London I'll be able to see my boyfriend every weekend, being in the north I'll see him some evenings in the week in Kent I wont. Plus Kent is by the sea:/

lol where is ure boyf, if u can see him every wknd in london, but a couple evenings in the week in the north, but not at all if in Kent (hehehe sounds like a little riddle) i'm guessin he's midlands-ish maybe with easy access to North and London, closer to the north though if he can come up during the week. hmmm
i think she might mean its easier to get home at wknds from london or something ... god only knows.
Reply 153
mtbab
lol where is ure boyf, if u can see him every wknd in london, but a couple evenings in the week in the north, but not at all if in Kent (hehehe sounds like a little riddle) i'm guessin he's midlands-ish maybe with easy access to North and London, closer to the north though if he can come up during the week. hmmm

:rolleyes: He lives with me, (in the North) and owns a business which results in him being in London every weekend and apparently next year the work will be extended so he will be there from Friday -> Monday every week.:smile:
Reply 154
Lewis-HuStuJCR
i think she might mean its easier to get home at wknds from london or something ... god only knows.

You could have just asked.
Reply 155
Lewis-HuStuJCR
enjoy the sheer cost :wink:

I used to live by the coast, I didn't like it.
Reply 156
kirstinx
You could have just asked.

Well if he had, he may have got the following reply or something similar:

Originally Posted by kirstinx
Something which has nothing to do with you.

:biggrin:
Reply 157
kirstinx
:rolleyes: He lives with me, (in the North) and owns a business which results in him being in London every weekend and apparently next year the work will be extended so he will be there from Friday -> Monday every week.:smile:

ohhhh!! that was a twist i was not expecting
Reply 158
m1kes
Well if he had, he may have got the following reply or something similar:

:biggrin:

Sorry, but I believe the day before that post you called me pedantic or something along those lines, so I couldn't be bothered telling you:p:
I'm gorwing concerned that I won't like QMUL when I see it. Can anyone else think of a 'backup' univeristy it would be worth me looking at? Ideally, something a bit easier to get into than the likes of Warwick but still not waaaay down there.

Latest

Trending

Trending