The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music 2014

Hey guys,

Just a topic for the forthcoming exam. For those that are wondering, here are the pieces that came up last year so I would suggest taking this into consideration when you revise. I remind you that there is every chance that they will reappear.

And the Glory of the Lord
Raindrop Prelude
Something's Coming
Electric Counterpoint
All Blues
Grace
Yiri
Rag Desh
Symphony no. 40
Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad

THIS SUGGESTS TO ME THAT WE SHOULD EXPECT PERIPETIE AND CAPERCAILLE THIS YEAR!

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Music/2009/Question%20papers%20and%20mark%20schemes/P42183A%20GCSE%20Music%205MU03%2001%20June%202013.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Hate music, just want to get it out of the way now. Any tips for the exam?
Original post by rory58824
Hate music, just want to get it out of the way now. Any tips for the exam?

Think logically about it and try not to overcomplicate things. The mark schemes often allow for very simplistic answers e.g describe the dynamics in this piece; there is a crescendo from quiet to loud is all that is needed!

Best of luck. Revise hard!
What do you think is likely to come up as an essay question?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billymccreith
Think logically about it and try not to overcomplicate things. The mark schemes often allow for very simplistic answers e.g describe the dynamics in this piece; there is a crescendo from quiet to loud is all that is needed!

Best of luck. Revise hard!

Thanks, same to you.

What I struggle with is mostly the exam question - my teacher said not to list things (texture, melody etc) so it's quite a challenge.
Reply 5

What I struggle with is mostly the exam question - my teacher said not to list things (texture, melody etc) so it's quite a challenge.

Really? I thought it was just regurgitating facts with bullet points. Is it meant to be continuous prose?
Original post by odjack
Really? I thought it was just regurgitating facts with bullet points. Is it meant to be continuous prose?

I mean I think it's ok to list stuff, but bullet points really isn't the best method unless you're really tight for time.
Reply 7
I mean I think it's ok to list stuff, but bullet points really isn't the best method unless you're really tight for time.

How long do they give you for Section B? 10-15 minutes?

Quick Reply

Latest