The Student Room Group

Failing an A-level. Help!

I do law, psychology and religious studies. I'm working at an A* for law and a B for psychology but R.S is killing me!

I retook an exam from AS (for R.S) and it went ok. The first essay question was nice but I think I blew it with the remaining 3 essays, or at least the remaining two. Plus I have this disability in my hands that causes me to write super slow/shaky. I was rushing by the last question, bullet pointing and what not.

Now I have my two A2 R.S exams coming up and I'm seriously giving up. I'm going to speak to my college for extra time but it doesn't look like the exams are going to go well. I've revised my butt off for them, but I still have a strong feeling I'm going to fail or end up with a D, or a C if I'm lucky, B if I'm luckier, an A is impossible. Can anyone give me tips on fast essay writing, I'm such a failure :frown:

And I want to go uni in September and no gap year. My parents will be so disappointed in me if I flop.

:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Quite a lot of the time in exams, due to stress, you tend to grip the pen too hard. This tires your hand. If you consciously remember to keep a light grip, you can write for much longer. Also use light strokes if you're writing an essay, it allows you to flick your pen across the line much quicker, I.e don't push down so hard. It does cause your handwriting to slightly deteriorate. But hey, an extra page written is an extra page written.
Original post by AnonG
I do law, psychology and religious studies. I'm working at an A* for law and a B for psychology but R.S is killing me!

I retook an exam from AS (for R.S) and it went ok. The first essay question was nice but I think I blew it with the remaining 3 essays, or at least the remaining two. Plus I have this disability in my hands that causes me to write super slow/shaky. I was rushing by the last question, bullet pointing and what not.

Now I have my two A2 R.S exams coming up and I'm seriously giving up. I'm going to speak to my college for extra time but it doesn't look like the exams are going to go well. I've revised my butt off for them, but I still have a strong feeling I'm going to fail or end up with a D, or a C if I'm lucky, B if I'm luckier, an A is impossible. Can anyone give me tips on fast essay writing, I'm such a failure :frown:

And I want to go uni in September and no gap year. My parents will be so disappointed in me if I flop.

:frown:

How did you do? I'm struggling with RS too :frown: but Bio and Chem are fine

Quick Reply

Latest