The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Kingston University 2014 entry.

Hi, I got accepted for a place at Kingston University for adult nursing. So I will be starting in september 2014. Just wanted to know if anyone else is confirming the offer and will be attending this year. Would be nice to know people's views of the uni and how they found the selection process. :biggrin:
Hi, I know it might be a far stretch, but have you tried SMNET- you might find some adult nursing applicants over there.
Original post by Channy_Banny
Hi, I got accepted for a place at Kingston University for adult nursing. So I will be starting in september 2014. Just wanted to know if anyone else is confirming the offer and will be attending this year. Would be nice to know people's views of the uni and how they found the selection process. :biggrin:

I've firmed Kingston for Adult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'll be going in September! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lucy-rose
I've firmed Kingston for Adult!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks good, was Kingston your first choice?
Reply 5
Original post by soph1293
I'll be going in September! :smile:

Hi Soph, thats good to no. A quick question, my passport ran out 4 years ago would I have to renew it before I can apply for the NHS bursary for Kingston?
Thanks good, was Kingston your first choice?

Yeah it was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi Soph, thats good to no. A quick question, my passport ran out 4 years ago would I have to renew it before I can apply for the NHS bursary for Kingston?

If you have your birth certificate, that should be enough. On the email they ask for 2 pieces of evidence, either your passport, birth certificate or driving licence. You'll get an email requesting the originals of these documents when you apply. Hope this helped! :smile:

I firmed an offer for September :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by soph1293
If you have your birth certificate, that should be enough. On the email they ask for 2 pieces of evidence, either your passport, birth certificate or driving licence. You'll get an email requesting the originals of these documents when you apply. Hope this helped! :smile:

Thank you hun, you have helped a lot. Just need to get this bursary thing out the way now. Very excited about september but then again I'm kinda nervous about the placements. I heard it can get quite difficult depending on the mentor. How do you feel about it?
Original post by lucy-rose

Oh okay.
Kings College London was my first choice originally, but sadly I didn't get accepted. Really and truly it doesn't really matter where you get your adult nursing degree along as you register with the NMC, your good to go lol :smile: Kingston is a really good university anyways, just a little bit far for me. I was planning on staying home and stated that on my UCAS application, but now i'm in deep thought about staying on campus. Do you think it would be too late to change and find accommodation?
Original post by J-A_PsychoKat
I firmed an offer for September :smile:

Congrats PsychoKat, welcome to the team :biggrin: lol xx
Thank you hun, you have helped a lot. Just need to get this bursary thing out the way now. Very excited about september but then again I'm kinda nervous about the placements. I heard it can get quite difficult depending on the mentor. How do you feel about it?

Same, can't wait! :biggrin: Haven't really had much experience of health care settings, so I don't really know what to expect from placements, but I've been doing a bit of reading to help prepare.
Reply 13
Hi there, I've got a place to study adult nursing at kingston :smile: I'll be commuting from greenwich but planning to cycle there to save money.

Any active sports buffs? i'm planning on joining a few societies and clubs namely; tennis, badminton, fencing and the chess club

For those that are interested;
I've been in talking with the previous VP of the union and societies and i'm trying to get some names down to allow BSL (british sign language) to be part of the KLS. I'm hoping if we get enough support we'll be able to give it a place alongside all the other languages being taught. As nurses it would be pretty beneficial down the line i.e placements (ENT)

anyway congrats to all that made it in this year! and i'll see you in September.

regards,

Gurlal J
Reply 14
new facebook page for kingston/st georges prospective nurses

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350551235094404/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending