rosiemaryx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm taking mass media for unit 3 and crime and deviance for unit 4. i'm struggling quite a bit with both so i was wondering if anyone had any useful hints or good revision resources as the exams are not long away help please!!
georgiejporgie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rosiemaryx)
I'm taking mass media for unit 3 and crime and deviance for unit 4. i'm struggling quite a bit with both so i was wondering if anyone had any useful hints or good revision resources as the exams are not long away help please!!
Hi... I'm in the same boat and doing same modules as you for both! do you fancy doing some essay plans together or something? im struggling with how to structure answers properly and figuring out how long to write on each thing...
Shelbymj123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm really confused about the theories of crime and deviance, are sub cultural theories separate to like Marxist and func etc or are they part of them
dreamville
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shelbymj123)
I'm really confused about the theories of crime and deviance, are sub cultural theories separate to like Marxist and func etc or are they part of them
sub cultural theory branches of from functionalism. it is an expansion from mertons strain theory. because merton explains why people commit utilitarian crime (profit based) the subculturalist theories try to explain why people commit non utilatarian crime eg joyriding and graffiti
rosiemaryx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by georgiejporgie)
Hi... I'm in the same boat and doing same modules as you for both! do you fancy doing some essay plans together or something? im struggling with how to structure answers properly and figuring out how long to write on each thing...
okay yes that sounds fab
Kuchkuchhotahai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there even a separate Beliefs in Society thread? I'm wanting to discuss my predictions for SCLY3 but don't know where to post them? So far have been spot on with SCLY1 & SCLY2 .. But knowing that, I'll probably get screwed for A2 haha.
fays
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai)
Is there even a separate Beliefs in Society thread? I'm wanting to discuss my predictions for SCLY3 but don't know where to post them? So far have been spot on with SCLY1 & SCLY2 .. But knowing that, I'll probably get screwed for A2 haha.
youve? been spot on with every question at AS?? haha what are your predictions for beilevs and SCLY4??
FIZZZY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any predictions guys for beliefs in society exam
georgiejporgie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rosiemaryx)
okay yes that sounds fab
Ok if you haven't guessed already I don't come on here much but I go on facebook a lot so if you want to add me and do essay plans and stuff over that that'd be fine it's www.facebook.com/bringgeorgiethehorizon

also how many studies are you guys learning and what are your main crucial ones?
chellls
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone have a basic check-list for what we need to know for Mass Media? My teacher is useless! We haven't done this topic since December because from January onwards we were taught crime and deviance. I'm am so scared that I'm going to do badly!
sophtommo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FIZZZY)
Any predictions guys for beliefs in society exam
As horrible as it will be, I think there will be a question surrounding religion and science, as it's only come up once over the last 6 papers as a 33 marker. I don't know if it will be an 18 or a 33 but I'd prefer it as a 33 so I can avoid it and pick the other question
FIZZZY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sophtommo)
As horrible as it will be, I think there will be a question surrounding religion and science, as it's only come up once over the last 6 papers as a 33 marker. I don't know if it will be an 18 or a 33 but I'd prefer it as a 33 so I can avoid it and pick the other question
I really want science and religion to come up were both the opposite :P but thanks xx and do you know what UMS is needed to get an A* overall xx
FIZZZY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what about theory and methods any predictions for that too ?
sophtommo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FIZZZY)
I really want science and religion to come up were both the opposite :P but thanks xx and do you know what UMS is needed to get an A* overall xx
I have LITERALLY just discovered how simple answering a religion and science question is, can I change my mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Musta96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
on what paper did a religion and science question come up? ... i cant seem to find it
Musta96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have LITERALLY just discovered how simple answering a religion and science question is, can I change my mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you answer a religion and science question?
liamscottcurran
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know of any modern functionalist sociologists that I could use in a beliefs paper if needed and would get credited for? I think Bellah is the latest one in the AQA A2 book.
rangoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai)
What are your predictions for beliefs in society and crime and deviance? thank you
Kuchkuchhotahai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
-
FIZZZY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just hope the predictions are right
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (44)
24.04%
No, but I have thought about it (49)
26.78%
No (90)
49.18%

Watched Threads