Unit 2 Government & Politics AQA - Predictions

Watch this thread
KammyC
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What does everyone think will come up on the AS Unit 2 Government & Politics (AQA) exam on 2nd June?
marz1804
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KammyC)
What does everyone think will come up on the AS Unit 2 Government & Politics (AQA) exam on 2nd June?

Hi I have some predictions but these are only PREDICTIONS, might not come up so don't rely too much on these!

because i'm mainly devoting my time on studying two topics in depth, I chose the Constitution and the Core executive so I only have predictions for those two topics...

for the constitution:
the Judiciary has'nt come up for some time.. maybe that can come up as a 10/25 mark question. So, i suggest you do the past paper questions on that (i think it only came up once or twice as a 25 marker, correct me if i'm wrong).
i think Parliamentary Sovereignty might come up or maybe the Labour/ coalition reforms on the constitution. Try make up some questions on that and answer them..
I'm in doubt that a question on codified/uncodified constitution would come up and whether Britain should retain it, but I'm hoping it does because it would make life so much easier !!!

for the core executive my teacher told me that the questions are likely to be based on the coalition gov.

so he suggested these two:

Identify and explain two effects of a Coalition government on the role of the Cabinet. (10 marks).
“The prime minister of a Coalition government is more constrained than a Prime minister of a single party government.” Discuss. (25 marks)

Best of Luck for the 2nd of June
HMPD97
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KammyC)
I'm doing 2 topics: the Constitution and Judiciary, and Parliament.
For the 1st topic I'd say stuff like...
Why is the constitution seen to lack clarity?
Why judges are weak in relation to government?
Ways in which judges are and are not independent and neutral.
Why is it hard for judges to protect our rights?
Does the UK need a codified constitution?
Does our constitution give the government too much power?
Constitutional reforms since 1997.

And for Parliament maybe stuff like...
Ways party loyalty is enforced in the Commons.
Powers of the House of Commons and House of Lords.
How effective is Parliament's scrutiny?
Ways in which Parliament is representative, unrepresentative.
Should the UK have a fully elected second chamber?
Has Parliament become less or more powerful in recent years?
How well does Parliament carry out its functions?

Hope this helped, and good luck!
HMPD97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by marz1804)
Hi I have some predictions but these are only PREDICTIONS, might not come up so don't rely too much on these!

because i'm mainly devoting my time on studying two topics in depth, I chose the Constitution and the Core executive so I only have predictions for those two topics...

for the constitution:
the Judiciary has'nt come up for some time.. maybe that can come up as a 10/25 mark question. So, i suggest you do the past paper questions on that (i think it only came up once or twice as a 25 marker, correct me if i'm wrong).
i think Parliamentary Sovereignty might come up or maybe the Labour/ coalition reforms on the constitution. Try make up some questions on that and answer them..
I'm in doubt that a question on codified/uncodified constitution would come up and whether Britain should retain it, but I'm hoping it does because it would make life so much easier !!!

for the core executive my teacher told me that the questions are likely to be based on the coalition gov.

so he suggested these two:

Identify and explain two effects of a Coalition government on the role of the Cabinet. (10 marks).
“The prime minister of a Coalition government is more constrained than a Prime minister of a single party government.” Discuss. (25 marks)

Best of Luck for the 2nd of June
Unit 1 was pretty simple so I'm hoping they don't make unit 2 too hard...I felt I did so badly on unit 1 though especially on the 5 marks but hey
marz1804
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
Unit 1 was pretty simple so I'm hoping they don't make unit 2 too hard...I felt I did so badly on unit 1 though especially on the 5 marks but hey

I agree, unit1 was not as hard as i thought it would be; i felt like they rephrased the past paper questions.
I done Electoral systems and Pressure groups, i found the 5 mark question for pressure groups a bit weird though, but everything else was fine!

I hope Unit2 won't be as hard :'( I done all the past paper questions and I'm hoping they just rephrase and not ask something totally out of this world lol !

just hoping i do well as i'm planing on not dropping this subject !
porridgeandrhi
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
I'm doing 2 topics: the Constitution and Judiciary, and Parliament.
For the 1st topic I'd say stuff like...
Why is the constitution seen to lack clarity?
Why judges are weak in relation to government?
Ways in which judges are and are not independent and neutral.
Why is it hard for judges to protect our rights?
Does the UK need a codified constitution?
Does our constitution give the government too much power?
Constitutional reforms since 1997.

And for Parliament maybe stuff like...
Ways party loyalty is enforced in the Commons.
Powers of the House of Commons and House of Lords.
How effective is Parliament's scrutiny?
Ways in which Parliament is representative, unrepresentative.
Should the UK have a fully elected second chamber?
Has Parliament become less or more powerful in recent years?
How well does Parliament carry out its functions?

Hope this helped, and good luck!
Thanks for that! Helped so much..

Has anyone got any ideas for a question on party loyalty? that's the only question I would find almost impossible to answer...
I would probably talk about the whipping system, and potential for promotion "lobby fodder"/"toe party line"... but after that I would run out of things to put!
HMPD97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by marz1804)
I agree, unit1 was not as hard as i thought it would be; i felt like they rephrased the past paper questions.
I done Electoral systems and Pressure groups, i found the 5 mark question for pressure groups a bit weird though, but everything else was fine!

I hope Unit2 won't be as hard :'( I done all the past paper questions and I'm hoping they just rephrase and not ask something totally out of this world lol !

just hoping i do well as i'm planing on not dropping this subject !
Yeah omg I did topic 1 and 2 for unit 1 I ran out of things to say on referendums lol! I'm the same as you I really don't want to have to end up dropping it but I struggle with the essay structuring although I have the knowledge. How did you find this paper? Hope it went well for you ☺
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (29)
24.58%
The paper was reasonable (52)
44.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
21.19%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10.17%

Watched Threads