Biggers98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi i'm sitting an additional Maths exam on the 6th June. I've started revising the topics but does anyone have an idea of how you should revise, how long you should and anything else that may help.
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Revise for a maximum of 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break. Do something you enjoy for five minutes, then proceed to go over the notes and continue revising from there. Rinse and repeat. Remember: you can only remember about 3-4 subjects revision a day if you go over notes. Anymore and you'll literally need to go over notes ALL the time.

I can't remember the source, but I was watching a lecture on Psychology and it showed that for 25 minutes you're at optimum focus and then it begins to decrease over time, by taking a break and proceeding with the 25 minute method, you're at a optimum constant.

In addition, don't waste time doing mind-maps unless you utterly feel they're useful to you. Studies now suggest that the correct way to revise isn't via mind-maps, underlining/highlighting key notes or making a 'revision chart'.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22565912
midgemeister7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Biggers98)
Hi i'm sitting an additional Maths exam on the 6th June. I've started revising the topics but does anyone have an idea of how you should revise, how long you should and anything else that may help.
I've got that too, but I haven't done any revision for it yet (will do for the three days before it where I have no exams).

Basically just go through the chapters in the textbook and make sure you understand how to do all the stuff. Then go through past papers. Loads of 'em.
jepenseque
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to go over my notes quickly, then do a past paper or two and identify the topics I got wrong. Then I'll probably go over my notes again for those particular topics and do more past papers or example questions from the textbook until I understand what I'm doing. I know for me, it's always the same three or four topics that trip me up every time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
curlymess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing additional maths too, so far my revision has just been loads of past papers - I find it helpful to understand what the questions are actually asking and what you need to include in your workings to get the marks. I'm really hoping that this year will be a nice paper because apparently last year's was pretty horrible..

Good luck with your revision and with the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads