Lassy96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Do I memo the notes first ,then do papers? Or is there any other routine I should follow? Really need to score a A. Help!

Thanks in advance x
ekpenyongnsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well you just have to study yourself and know what works for you. I just make revision notes off the textbook and other resources and then do past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lassy96
Rep:
?
(Original post by ekpenyongnsa)
Well you just have to study yourself and know what works for you. I just make revision notes off the textbook and other resources and then do past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh alright, thanks buddy
kastiel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me, I'll do a full scan through the textbook or a revision guide, and then i'll hit a past paper. (the whole way through, don't get bored and stop!). I'll mark it, note the area where I did fairly poorly, then revise those areas again, and write out some perfect answers for those questions.

Then a couple hours later, read it again to ensure that it is sticking in your short term memory!

Another thing I advise is the examiners reports that come with the past papers, as they occasionally say 'students did poorly by doing this, or that' which gives you a few pointers on what to avoid doing, (such as cookie cutter responses and not obviously engaging with the material).

Good Luck :3
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure you learn the content first by reading different textbooks and making notes. Although I can't imagine your exam being too far from now so try this:

I make revision cards with mark schemes; pick vaguely worded questions that are likely to come up every year or so (e.g core practicals) and write out what the mark scheme says onto a card. Then read through them, and just practice through past papers. Anything you can't do refer back to the textbook. If you're doing Edexcel parts of the paper are also questions about reading graphs (should be same for other boards); the questions are always similar, state the general trend of the graph and manipulate data etc. These questions always come up and can usually be answered in the same way.

So to summarize

1) Always going to be questions that have come up before on past papers; just worded slightly differently. Know how to spot this and learn mark schemes accordingly
2) Core practicals always come up; if you're doing Edexcel there's 4 you need to learn, again refer to mark schemes
3) Graphs/tables always come up, have a standard layout for the questions that ask "describe the graph" or similar; again refer to mark schemes

As you can guess, mark schemes are my best friend
Lassy96
Rep:
?
(Original post by kastiel)
For me, I'll do a full scan through the textbook or a revision guide, and then i'll hit a past paper. (the whole way through, don't get bored and stop!). I'll mark it, note the area where I did fairly poorly, then revise those areas again, and write out some perfect answers for those questions.

Then a couple hours later, read it again to ensure that it is sticking in your short term memory!

Another thing I advise is the examiners reports that come with the past papers, as they occasionally say 'students did poorly by doing this, or that' which gives you a few pointers on what to avoid doing, (such as cookie cutter responses and not obviously engaging with the material).

Good Luck :3
Haii,thanks loads for your detailed reply.Helped loadss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
16.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (23)
14.47%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (44)
27.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (27)
16.98%

Watched Threads