The Student Room Group

MAJOR mistake in OCR English Lit paper

OK so for anyone who did OCR English Literature this year you'll know that in the Poetry and Drama pre-1900 paper one of the texts had to be pre-17?? (can't remember!) and one pre-1900 but our teachers gave us two texts, neither of which were pre-17??. What could happen? Could they decide just to not give us the grades for one half of the paper or might they just mark one half and double it to get the total? I'm really worried about whether this is going to affect my final grade or not!! Does anyone have a clue what they might do? Thanks (in advance) for any feedback/advice!! :smile:
Reply 1
Answer is I don't know. If your whole class or even centre all made the same mistake, they might call your head of english to explain and see what they can do. But I really don't know what they will do.
Reply 2
Ok so I just got my results, this is the outcome. In that paper I got 38/90 = e!!! Which means that they've decided to only mark one half of the paper, I'm really pissed off as i only need 13 more marks to get up to an A overall which i could easily do if they counted the rest of that paper. I really want to appeal or even just discuss it with someone as it was not my fault in any way. Do you think i've got a case and does anyone know how to get in contact with OCR? Thanks again and please help!!
Reply 3
I'd say first priority is to get in touch with your head of english and see what they say about it. I really don't know if you can appeal it though, probably have to retake that module in Jan. to get your A!
I got 77/90 (A) for it, which really sucks considering I got a D overall.

Latest