This discussion is closed.
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tcool)
Just try your hardest, I know a girl in Cambridge who got 6 A*'s at GCSE whose doing medicine. That may seem like a lot but compared to everyone else at Cambridge studying medicine who got like 13 A*'s thats not that high. She said that even though GCSE's are important there not as important because if you do really well in your A levels you'll be fine. Also further advice would be make yourself different from other candidates, more or less everyone who wants the same as you will have similar grades so make sure you out shine them for example do the Duke of Edinbugrh award and things like that and make sure you get a lot of work experience Good luck, I hope you get the grades you need
hank you very much! i think Crest award will do just fine! so thats good and i have long term volunteering at British heart foundation all of next summer and a few months after that and have in mind 1 month work experience in a hospital with my brother. I will do as much as i can to differentiate so i can compensate for my rather low results... I have started a blog though recently, check it out, would you say this would impress a uni in particular? : http://lifewithmedicine.weebly.com/
Tcool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
hank you very much! i think Crest award will do just fine! so thats good and i have long term volunteering at British heart foundation all of next summer and a few months after that and have in mind 1 month work experience in a hospital with my brother. I will do as much as i can to differentiate so i can compensate for my rather low results... I have started a blog though recently, check it out, would you say this would impress a uni in particular? : http://lifewithmedicine.weebly.com/
Wow! this would more than impress the uni, you clearly taking your interest one step further and actually taking your own time out to make this blog will make the uni think you are a genuinely nice person who cares for others, and that's what a doctor should be like. Seriously any interview you have and any application you fill in you MUST mention this blog. Also you said you got low grades? no you haven't, you mentioned you grades on the last post and I was seriously impressed don't put yourself down because you clearly talented and intelligent...and im a very honest person so im not kidding with you!
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tcool)
Wow! this would more than impress the uni, you clearly taking your interest one step further and actually taking your own time out to make this blog will make the uni think you are a genuinely nice person who cares for others, and that's what a doctor should be like. Seriously any interview you have and any application you fill in you MUST mention this blog. Also you said you got low grades? no you haven't, you mentioned you grades on the last post and I was seriously impressed don't put yourself down because you clearly talented and intelligent...and im a very honest person so im not kidding with you!
ahhh thanks XD anyway i will defo continue with my blog for now good luck with your life!
Tcool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
ahhh thanks XD anyway i will defo continue with my blog for now good luck with your life!
Aw, you too
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As long as you have Bs in everything and A/A* in the subject you're taking for A level its fine,
I know a lot of people who progress more when they are older so they get mediocre GCSE grades and then 3As+ at A Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tcool)
Of course I know they matter but a lot of people say as long as you meet the entry requirements for college/sixth form then it's a levels that matter and not so much GCSE's? Many say only redbrick universities really look at your GCSE's. What do you think?
to me? yes
in 2020? no
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads