Giving wrong information to student finance.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Blobar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello

My parents by accident have given their income for the tax year 2012-2013 instead of 2011-2012 and have already submitted their forms, will this be a massive problem?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The info given by your parents is cross-referenced with their HMRC tax records. If you don't correct it now, you risk having your application put on hold whilst SF investigate. That might take some time to straighten out and could delay payment after the start of the academic year (worst case).

The best thing is to phone SF now, explain the mistake and get them to clear your parents' info so they can start again.
Blobar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Klix88)
The info given by your parents is cross-referenced with their HMRC tax records. If you don't correct it now, you risk having your application put on hold whilst SF investigate. That might take some time to straighten out and could delay payment after the start of the academic year (worst case).

The best thing is to phone SF now, explain the mistake and get them to clear your parents' info so they can start again.
Ah what a pain lol, thanks anyway, will have to ring them tomorrow now.
MedicWil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread is from 6 years ago and the user hasn't been on here for 3 years now so you won't get an answer

Don't revive old threads, it annoys everyone and is pointless
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
23.53%
Less motivated (104)
76.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed