Clearing grades, and offers... Watch

bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
This may sound strange... but if a Uni has spaces for clearing, at say, a minimum of BCC (Birmingham for Biological Sciences for me) Does that mean that they would of accepted everyone who's done BCC or better in thier actual A2 results, who already have a conditional firm/insurance offer?
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i don't work in the bham admissions dept. but this is what i think. based on experience and hearing other people's tales, it seems that they're quite willing to accept people onto a course if they drop one grade. it can be subject specific. if they wanted a B in biology or something, and that was one of the ones you got a C in, they might not be as interested.

in all honesty, i'd make a small bet that you'd be fine if you dropped a grade to BCC. i think they'd actually rather have people who have put the uni down as a firm/insurance and got BCC than someone who never applied/put it down and got BCC - it shows that you actively want to go there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads