tpuk13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When revising, is it generally considered better to revise with music playing in the background?
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its different to be honest, and depends on the subject. If its a maths subject, then you can still revise with that, but with other content subjects e.g. Economics I`d say either no music, or the kind of music that doesnt disturb you e.g. relaxing or classical (I`d suggest Youtubing `Revision music`)
Some people actually find it easier with music when closer to the exam, as once they listen to a song they listened to when revising, they remember everything
irishdiamond
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm revising for some exams at the moment. It can get really boring (as I'm sure you're aware!) but music definitely helps me. Often I use my phone for music, because if I use YouTube on my laptop, I can get distracted easily. My art teacher lets us have music on when we are painting or doing textural pieces. It really seems to help, and it can be any type of music for such a creative subject. Also, my friend and I invent songs for our languages exams. Or, we adapt famous songs. Both are great, because either way, they stick in your head! Try to do that with important words or phrases you will need in your exams. Hope this helps. x
member841230
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think music helps you knuckle down and study without getting too bored.
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I listen to music in non-English because then I don't understand the lyrics which for some reason means I can still revise. Whereas if I understand the lyrics I get distracted.
vee_wuvshugs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do the same. K-pop is really good for revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the person, when I'm revising I don't tend to take in the music so for me it's pointless.
daisychain_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess it's good because it takes the boredom away, but I find it too distracting.
cdoyle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by daisychain_)
I guess it's good because it takes the boredom away, but I find it too distracting.
Sames- keeps the 'this topic is so long/ridiculous/boring etc' away.

Only problem now as I have all my revision done when I listen to music I automatically think I should be revising.
mollyxrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any music apart from the LOTR soundtrack distracts me while I'm revising!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Michaela X
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't revise without music!
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I find it disturbing but it depends on the person.
Stannisbaratheon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not music with lyrics . I normally go for film soundtracks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (80)
27.03%
England (100)
33.78%
Belgium (26)
8.78%
Germany (37)
12.5%
Spain (5)
1.69%