The Student Room Group

I didn't realize the deadline was today and I need to send in my parents evidence

I've completed my form but my parents financial evidence still needs to be sent in which apparently takes six weeks to process! Will I get my loan in time? What should I do I'm really worried!
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe not
Reply 2
I'm having a similar problem. Submitted my form the other day and my parents have done their section, but need to get my birth certificate verified by a professional for ID and send it off to student finance. It's kind of annoying that people who have the money to have a passport and travel get their application sorted straight away, but for those without one it's much more complicated. Just wondering if anybody knows whether the application (without ID) had to only be submitted by the deadline, or fully verified with ID etc. by the deadline?
If it really does take 6 weeks then they need to get themselves sorted out because since their deadline is today then surely that shouldn't also include financial info from parents because everyone will be submitting that at near enough the same time
Reply 4
Original post by kjd-x
I'm having a similar problem. Submitted my form the other day and my parents have done their section, but need to get my birth certificate verified by a professional for ID and send it off to student finance. It's kind of annoying that people who have the money to have a passport and travel get their application sorted straight away, but for those without one it's much more complicated. Just wondering if anybody knows whether the application (without ID) had to only be submitted by the deadline, or fully verified with ID etc. by the deadline?

In the exact same situation. My friend who applied last year, says you just have to submit the online application in time, the deadline is as early as it is to allow time for evidence to be submitted and processing etc :smile:
You just have to apply by the deadline. My friend has been waiting since Sunday for her parents emails to come through to set up an account to support her application but it's probably busy right now - I did mine in February and their email came through the day after I did my part.
If you've yet to send in your evidence, I'm doubtful that you'll get it in time as you will then have to wait to have your declaration form sent to you and then you've got to send it off and have it processed.
Calm down, I sent my form in July and my evidence early August and I still got my money relatively on time ( it was a week late but meh, wasn't really an issue). I mean you'll only be a few days late, it really isn't a big deal.
Reply 8
I'm filling out my application at the moment and I've got to the part where you state who you live with. I'm not sure what I put. I live with my mother, and her husband.. so my 'stepfather'. I'm not in contact with my real father, and the application suggests that it means biologically... So I'm not sure what to put?
Reply 9
Original post by c-anne-
I'm filling out my application at the moment and I've got to the part where you state who you live with. I'm not sure what I put. I live with my mother, and her husband.. so my 'stepfather'. I'm not in contact with my real father, and the application suggests that it means biologically... So I'm not sure what to put?

It refers to the household you live in, so it will be your mother and step-father.
Reply 10
Original post by Klix88
It refers to the household you live in, so it will be your mother and step-father.

But the choices are:
'Both parents'
'Mother'
'Father'
'Neither'
:s-smilie: it's so confusing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
the deadline is today , BUT the financial information they need is not. That is pretty much anytime , and from my experience , the information is the easiest out of everything.

If u live with your mom and dad , choose both parents.
otherwise pick the other choices

afterwards you should recieve an email saying parents info needed , OR they recieve and email to support an app. They support it , provide info , send it off and voila , its done.

You shouldnt need to worry about financial information deadlines , its usually not included into the deadline for applications .
The deadline is for submitting the application, not getting everything together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending