The Student Room Group

Exam Stress - Literally Feel Like I Know Nothing

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with exam stress at the moment (as I'm sure many people are).

I just don't feel prepared enough for my ancient history exams, I'm panicking incase I can remember key sources and I can't seem to retain anything I go over. Then there's chemistry and biology - I just haven't done all the past papers yet - I've got them all coming up and I feel like I have no time - its as if everything is just against me! I just need 3As desperately and I'm soo nervous about falling short:frown:

Any tips or anything to calm myself down?
Original post by seanbolton94
Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with exam stress at the moment (as I'm sure many people are).

I just don't feel prepared enough for my ancient history exams, I'm panicking incase I can remember key sources and I can't seem to retain anything I go over. Then there's chemistry and biology - I just haven't done all the past papers yet - I've got them all coming up and I feel like I have no time - its as if everything is just against me! I just need 3As desperately and I'm soo nervous about falling short:frown:

Any tips or anything to calm myself down?

Hey, sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed out. :frown:

How many hours are you revising a day? You need to set yourself a manageable goal so that you can revise happily and then switch off from your revision to have a proper break. :smile: Have you tried using the study planner? It's really useful and it's free.

Past papers are really useful for revising. Other than that, if you've got to learn things by heart it's good to try and be as creative with the information as possible - that way it will stick in your brain. :smile: Make mindmaps, quiz yourself, draw comics, act things out, make up stupid songs about the stuff you've got to learn - all of it helps. :smile:

If you feel yourself freaking out, you can try deep breathing exercises (breathe in through your nose for the count of 7, out through your mouth for the count of 11). Exercising lightly also really helps, so try going for a walk with your headphones for a while to clear your head. :smile:

Don't worry, everything will be fine. :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending