The Student Room Group

My annoying mother

Today I'm really stressed and nervous about results day tomorrow, and I was drinking beer, when my mum get pissed off and starts knocking on the door and just saying stuff like "you didn't ask me to drink that", but in a more bitchy way, and I just shrugged through the window because she wouldn't be able to hear me even if I said something. No one's ever had a prob with me drinking alcohol in the house before (I'm 17).

Anyway, later, she was shouting at my brother because he was doing something she didn't want him to, and shouting so loud in the night that I guarantee anyone walking near our house could hear everything. So I shouted "oi!" from the next room, indicating she was being loud, and she comes in and starts screaming at me for "acting like the mother" and her being the daughter or something. I just shouted that she was being so annoying, and she just shouted back that I was throwing petrol into the fire or something, because she was already mad and I angered her more. I can't bloody help it if she is being too loud for me to bear. Then she threatened to hit me (as always :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, I find her annoying me all the time, whatever she says. Every time she raises her voice, I just want to throw something at her.

Sorry, I just feel like a rant.
"if you want to be treated like an adult then act like one" really should apply to parents too.
Well, shouting back isn't likely to help... *ducks flying objects* Sorry, that wasn't tactful. I strangle pillows and write violent snippets, myself... terribly therapeutic. :p: I feel your pain.
She's probably nervous about your results too. Just act like more of an adult, don't shout, and do whatever she says. Basically be the best behaved you can and shame her into being good too.
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Well, shouting back isn't likely to help... *ducks flying objects* Sorry, that wasn't tactful. I strangle pillows and write violent snippets, myself... terribly therapeutic. :p: I feel your pain.

i hold it in till i go back to my bf, then cry on his shoulder for a bit while he wonders what the hell hes letting himself in for having my mum as a prospective future mother in law.

why can we chose our parents like we can our bfs?
Shock horror, someone has an annoying parent :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Thanks, it's just that she's too short-tempered, but I guess I'll have to not say anything in order not to turn out like her :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending