The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
RachelM
yaaaaaaaay! other london people I thought I was all by myself!!! Who here is from london going to leedsmet?? ***n el I hope I dnt pik up the accent a cockney northerner wont sound 2 ryt lol xx

There;s no such thing as a northerner. You're either Yorkshire or not. :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
alrrrrrryt, wel a cockney-west yorkshire accent wont sound 2 good then!
there's no way you'd pick up a yorkshire accent in your 3/4 years at university. the only way you'd pick it up is if you didnt talk to students. but since probably the only people u will talk to are students you wont pick it up because students come from all over the country. most of them have quite a posh / neutral accent, even the ones from the north. you're most likely to pick up a student accent/dialect, and don't get me started on that!
Reply 23
1hundredreasons
most of them have quite a posh / neutral accent, even the ones from the north.

Gosh, who'd have thought there are actually middle class people in the north!? :rolleyes:
Reply 24
Hi ,

I am Simon, I live south of London. I will be studying Cinema, Photography and Telelvision at the University of Leeds ,and living in Lyddon Hall Annexe 2.:smile:
Well me mams from Kent, but me dads from Sheffield, and I've lived here sice I were 1, so my accents a bit of a mish mash between the two, but I use Yorkshire slang.
I know Leeds is full of Londoners and people from Surrey, but the majority of them are really amicable.

Latest