Does money bring you happiness? Watch

gosforthtsr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Personally, I think you will be more happy if you're wealthy, I think what people who say 'money won't bring you happiness' are trying to say, is that you can still be rich and sad. What do you think?
ubi1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gosforthtsr)
Personally, I think you will be more happy if you're wealthy, I think what people who say 'money won't bring you happiness' are trying to say, is that you can still be rich and sad. What do you think?
Well I won £1000 from a bet and I was really happy. Money certainly makes me happy.
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't let all the emo and godly acting people tell you "money doesn't bring happiness" and blah blah..
money can literally buy you everything that can give you happiness..you name it, a first class ticket on an airplane, a rolls royce, etc..

being poor or not well off would constantly worry you whether you could pay your bills hence constant stress..

conclusion:
being rich makes you happy..well it makes me happy
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not totally - friends, familiy and "ladies" make me happy
but to get that last one I need a wheel barrow full of money, so...
Abdullahi_3487
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That () Question probably doesn't really need answering because try to compare a poor man with a rich man; a poor man who cant afford a house, food on his plate, cloths and a shelter over his head. How on earth would that person ever be happy then a rich man. Yes, sometimes you see rich people whom go into depression and sometimes commit suicide but that happens due to them feeling lonely and not have a clue on how to spend their millions of money in the right way.
Hopefully iv made the answer clear to you question
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have money and I am happy. Therefore Money is happiness

Case resolved :cool:
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not necessarily a guarantee of happiness in itself, but on the whole, a person with money will most likely be significantly happier than a person without.

Of course there are ways you can be happy without money, but being rich can't hurt
Atsushi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Money is just a stepping stone. My dream is to have enough money that it doesn't matter.
teen1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Paras Agarwal)
don't let all the emo and godly acting people tell you "money doesn't bring happiness" and blah blah..
money can literally buy you everything that can give you happiness..you name it, a first class ticket on an airplane, a rolls royce, etc..

being poor or not well off would constantly worry you whether you could pay your bills hence constant stress..

conclusion:
being rich makes you happy..well it makes me happy
Are you a troll? Ive seen your posts on so many threads and it seems each one is more ignorant and stupid than the other.

EDIT: I seem to remember on a thread about the best degrees you listed investment banking. Just as an example.
Ruffiio
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The answer is yes, but only to an extent.
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, yes it does.

I'm slightly ashamed of my materialism, but will confess to being a consumer. Having a wage ensures that I can purchase better materials for my arts and crafts, better instruments, and better computers.

Those three things are integral to my happiness, so an upgrade is always pleasing. That said, there's always going to be a limit. I've lived on a 15K wage for a few years and don't really aspire to increase it very much because I already live so comfortably on it compared to my childhood.

I think the potential for money-influenced happiness probably plateaus around 40K~, because satisfaction is lessened if there's no strife to put it in context, and things to treat yourself would be so readily available that they become boring.
GoldGhost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suppose so, I would say that lack of money makes you unhappy rather than money actually buying you happiness.
teen1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Happiness is what you perceive it to be. Some people find happiness when they have a lot of money, some do not (Im sure youve heard of how many rich people are depressed). Some people find happiness when they find a partner. Some people never find happiness. It is your perception - there is no specific thing that will bring you happiness.
Abdullahi_3487
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GoldGhost)
I suppose so, I would say that lack of money makes you unhappy rather than money actually buying you happiness.
NiCe way to answer
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by teen1234)
Are you a troll? Ive seen your posts on so many threads and it seems each one is more ignorant and stupid than the other.

EDIT: I seem to remember on a thread about the best degrees you listed investment banking. Just as an example.

which is probably why i am climbing with my rep i like your opinions on my posts but it is with deep regret i must inform you that idgaf
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Money doesn't bring you happyness happyness, happyness doesn't exist it is a tempory solution to a infinite problem
teen1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Paras Agarwal)
which is probably why i am climbing with my rep i like your opinions on my posts but it is with deep regret i must inform you that idgaf
lol, youre a waste.
username1186351
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suppose. But money can't solve issues like depression, syndromes, loneliness, your bad teeth (or maybe it can lol).
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Enough money always makes everyone happy but too much money when you have no clue where to use them all, just makes some people to go insane :erm: I do like having money but wouldn't want to be rich
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me it brings me temporary happiness but it never lasts long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (45)
60.81%
No (29)
39.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise