Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to wish the very best of luck to any music sub-forum dwellers who are getting exam results tomorrow. I got mine two years ago, but I still feel nervous for you all.

I'm sure you'll all do great and get the results you need. But if you don't, don't get too down about it and just remember that it really isn't the end of the world. It may seem like it but it's not, whatever people say.

Equally if your results are amazing, don't let anyone belittle what you've achieved, and don't listen to any of the crap in the media. AS and A Levels are not easy. I remember how hard I worked for mine, and how much it annoyed me when people tried to tell me a monkey could do them and that they count for nothing. It's not true.

That is all. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hear hear!

If things don't go well avoid track six of REM's Document and instead go for track nine of D:Reams On Vol. 1.

It took FAR to much time to find that out...

Awww. :p: You're too much of a people person, half-face.

Good luck, fellow music sub-forum cool-kids. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! I got into my firm, Leeds, over the moon! Listening to my 'cheese' playlist now and dancing around. A lot.

Go Hanson!

ReputationRep:
    English Language and Literature A
    Maths C
    Latin C

Firm offer accepted for Journalism at University of Central Lancashire - Preston.

Mark breakdown:

English
    NTB5 (Shakespeare and Talk in life and Literature) - 45
    NTB6 (Critical Approaches) - 110

Mathematics
    Core Maths 1 - 71 B
    Core Maths 3 - 67 C
    Core Maths 4 - 46 E
    Mechanics 1 - 81 A

Latin
    Lat 1 (AS lang) - 70
    Lat 3 (Virgil) - 105
    Lat 4 (Higher Lang) - 48
    Lat 5 (Plautus/Society) - 69
    Lat 6 (Horace/Poetry) - 57

Let the results flow! Congratulations to everyone!

Congratumalations. Wow, you people got your results early. I don't think I even went into school until 10 last year.

ReputationRep:
    nuclear buddha who is that in you avatar? it looks like the lead singer from Louis XIV..

Vince Noir from The Mighty Boosh. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Vince Noir from The Mighty Boosh. :cool:
    I think I've said it before, but I could watch your avatar all day long. Look! He's dancing!

I might move to the music sub-forum now I've finished getting the agony aunt out of my system in H&R. Instead of giving terrible advice to mess up people's lives there, I'll erm...do that here instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssh)
    I think I've said it before, but I could watch your avatar all day long. Look! He's dancing!

I might move to the music sub-forum now I've finished getting the agony aunt out of my system in H&R. Instead of giving terrible advice to mess up people's lives there, I'll erm...do that here instead.
    Yes, come join us, we will take good care of you...now is the time I wish I had a minion to summon to have you taken away...ah well a man can dream...

And Nuke, I went in at 8AM so yeah I'm insane in conclusion lol.

(Original post by sssh)

Hehehe, sometimes I sit there watching him when I'm listening to music and he always manages to keep in time with the music.

This is blatantly TSR's best sub-forum. Welcome to the... uh... team. :p:

(Original post by Decent_Jam)
    And Nuke, I went in at 8AM so yeah I'm insane in conclusion lol.
    Whoa, you were keen. I wasn't even awake then. Great results, well done sir.

ReputationRep:
    LETHALAAAA BRIZZLE RECORDS!

Got my AAA, I'm off to Bristol!

GET IN CHILDREN.

ousssssss

I'm gonna go have me a few beers tonight. And a dance.

A winner is you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe, sometimes I sit there watching him when I'm listening to music and he always manages to keep in time with the music.

This is blatantly TSR's best sub-forum. Welcome to the... uh... team. :p:
    That was so spooky! I just looked over to him while listening to a live version of The Music's Freedom fighter's and it WAS in time....ARGH!!!!!!!

I've been up for too long...

He finds out what you're listening to and adjusts his timing.

Get some sleep. :p: You've been up since... well, sometime before 8.

ReputationRep:
    He finds out what you're listening to and adjusts his timing.

Get some sleep. :p: You've been up since... well, sometime before 8.
    Yes MOTHER :p:

A blind kid could have seen that one coming...doh

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.