The Student Room Group

Mice and Men

Is true that it has been taken out of the AQA Gcse syllabus - I am in year 9.
Not for you. The new GCSE specifications are assessed from 2017 (and you'll be in Year 12 at that point). It's part of the GCSE and A Level reform that the 'Right Honourable' Michael Gove MP is initiating.

Just study what your teachers are getting you to study and you'll be fine!
Reply 2
Original post by danconway
Not for you. The new GCSE specifications are assessed from 2017 (and you'll be in Year 12 at that point). It's part of the GCSE and A Level reform that the 'Right Honourable' Michael Gove MP is initiating.

Just study what your teachers are getting you to study and you'll be fine!

Are you sure? From what I understood, exam boards like OCR were removing it immediately?
Hmmm...
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Are you sure? From what I understood, exam boards like OCR were removing it immediately?
Hmmm...

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-9715-W-SP.PDF

If you look at page 9 of this specification, Of Mice and Men is indeed a set text from 2015 (up until the specification dies in 2017).
Original post by BULL14
Is true that it has been taken out of the AQA Gcse syllabus - I am in year 9.

im in year 9 too :smile: in our options booklet for GCSEs of Mice And Men wasn't in there there was stuff like A Christmas Carol instead probably exam boards are doing more British texts dunno why :s-smilie: we did Of Mice And Men at the start of this year, it's probably not in 9-1 for AQA

Quick Reply

Latest