Turn on thread page Beta

too tall to dance??!! watch

Announcements

sry this is not really to do with health & relationships but could only post anonymous here
    ok this could end up sounding really stupid but my friend is having her 18th birthday party next week and im worrying constantly about it bcos im such a rubbish dancer, im 5ft 11 and quite thin so feel so lanky n silly when dancing, not only that but i dont even know how to really. at parties in the past i have manage to avoid dancing and if ive somehow ended up n the dancefloor ill hardly move and no doubt look sillier (if thats even a word) i guess its also a lack of confidence and i know i shouldnt really care what people think but my friend keeps saying u have to dance at this one i want every1 to be dancing and its so much pressure i dont think im going to enjoy it at all its so annoying bcos i lve music and would luv to not have to worry before every event that im going to look stupid!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sry this is not really to do with health & relationships but could only post anonymous here
    ok this could end up sounding really stupid but my friend is having her 18th birthday party next week and im worrying constantly about it bcos im such a rubbish dancer, im 5ft 11 and quite thin so feel so lanky n silly when dancing, not only that but i dont even know how to really. at parties in the past i have manage to avoid dancing and if ive somehow ended up n the dancefloor ill hardly move and no doubt look sillier (if thats even a word) i guess its also a lack of confidence and i know i shouldnt really care what people think but my friend keeps saying u have to dance at this one i want every1 to be dancing and its so much pressure i dont think im going to enjoy it at all its so annoying bcos i lve music and would luv to not have to worry before every event that im going to look stupid!!
    Find a self-assured dance partner who'll spin you about and make you look like a natural.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're just using the excuse that you're tall to hide the fact that you lack confidence in this.

I'm taller than you, 6ft 2. I'm not a great dancer but I dance for myself, not for others - so should you. And you probably don't look stupid, you just think you do.

Do you have any friends that you think dance well? Try and see what they're doing to look so good. As I said I'm not a great dancer so I'll leave it for others to comment on the dancing aspect.

I think you need to sort out your view about your height first and then dancing will be easy-peasy!

Sarah x

ReputationRep:
    your never too tall to dance, look at peter crouch he has perfected the robot and he is 6ft 7!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'2 and quite lanky too, and I dance every time I go out..

Who cares? Is anyone actually looking at you? lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah so thats my problem! Its my height, not my total lack of moves and smoothness! Got the rhythm part sorted tho as i play music!

Nah, its just confidence, just learn the 2 step, then girls/boys can do anything with you. As long as you dance in time you should be fine.

Or just sit and say you don't want to dance?

Graham

ReputationRep:

5ft11 isnt that tall. Crouch is much taller than you and you should see him do the robot.

ReputationRep:
    Get Drunk, you'll dance like a prat and think you're John Travolta.

ReputationRep:
    My buddy timber is 6'3. Doesnt seem to be a problem for him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman)
    your never too tall to dance, look at peter crouch he has perfected the robot and he is 6ft 7!!!
    I wondered who the first person to mention that would be.

5ft 11 isn't too tall in the grand scheme of things so do not worry about your height: it really won't make you look stupid. Your dancing may not be great, but who will care? It's not like you see in the films where everyone is pulling off all these moves, looking sexy and whatever. Most people, when dancing, just moving side to side and back to front in time with the beat and do, well, nothing else but just move wherever. And even if you look like a complete idiot (you won't ), everyone is at a party to have a great time and no one will care.

ReputationRep:
    I'd chill out about it, Im absolutely terrible and I get people imitating my stiff clumsy dance style to take the mick out of me - doesnt bother me ****

ReputationRep:
    Think about it; when you are dancing, do you really look at anyone else? No. You're far too busy thinking about how YOU look. AS IS everyone else. No one is watching so just DW!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Chill Out.

I've learn't that if your too busy thinking about what others think about you, you'll end up achieving little due to fear of embarrasement.

I'm tall ( 6"2) and I love to dance , personally I like to dance a lil bit funkier than your average. Just go with the rhythm and do whats natural, you shouldn't even be worried you should be looking forward to having a great time at this party.

Enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    OP, are you worried about looking unco-ordinated? I've been there - at 13 I had to do star jumps in front of the entire PE class (I was 6' at 13!) and they all laughed at me. Not to worry - learn to laugh at yourself. I thought it looked pretty funny too, you're dancing cos it is fun to dance. Who cares if you look like a tit, if you're laughing cos you look silly and having funthen waht does it matter? PS the girls who whisper about you looking super dumb and stupid get mega fat after they leave school, it's genetic . This is why school reunions are fun.

ReputationRep:
    i am 6ft 7 , believe me , your lucky being that height mate

if the lass likes you , it shouldnt be a problem - go with the flow!

ReputationRep:
    do the Peter Crouch Robo dance

ReputationRep:
    Lol, wow... tall lanky girl dancing, yeah, it is funny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I dance like a retarded monkey and I still have fun if I'm sloshed

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.