The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Making Friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RyssFreakson
Hey David, how are you? :smile: I'm Ryss, will be in Knights Park, 5 minutes away from Penrhyn Road lol

Hello Ryss, I presume that's just pronounced the same as Rhys?

Awesome, and what will you be studying then? :smile:

Will you be living in student halls?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by David_NW
Hello Ryss, I presume that's just pronounced the same as Rhys?

Awesome, and what will you be studying then? :smile:

Will you be living in student halls?

Ryss pronounced like Reese :smile:

I'll be studying BA Filmmaking!

Not sure about the student halls yet, but if I am, it's either Seething Wells or Clayhill as they have ensuite rooms.

What about you David? Btw, do you have Facebook?
Hi everyone! I'm Bina, and Ill be studying Business Information Technology at Kingston Hill. Anyone else going to Kingston Hill or the headstart in a few weeks? :biggrin: It would be awesome to make friends before september :smile:

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Timberlake95
Hi everyone! I'm Bina, and Ill be studying Business Information Technology at Kingston Hill. Anyone else going to Kingston Hill or the headstart in a few weeks? :biggrin: It would be awesome to make friends before september :smile:

Cheers :smile:

Hey I'm Ashleigh, I live locally to the uni and won't to meet some people, I won't be moving to halls so won't meet people,

If anyone wants to meet up and make friends before uni starts in September,

Hey text me on 07540097653..

Sweet Ashleigh x
Original post by Wakkeyy1994
Hey I'm Ashleigh, I live locally to the uni and won't to meet some people, I won't be moving to halls so won't meet people,

If anyone wants to meet up and make friends before uni starts in September,

Hey text me on 07540097653..

Sweet Ashleigh x

Hey Ashleigh

Same here, i live locally too. I'm leaving all my friends behind and am scared that i wont make any new ones so id love to meet people before uni starts on the 22nd.

What course are u studying and which campus are you gonna be in?? Im in the penrhyn road campus.

Sofia x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
Hey Ashleigh

Same here, i live locally too. I'm leaving all my friends behind and am scared that i wont make any new ones so id love to meet people before uni starts on the 22nd.

What course are u studying and which campus are you gonna be in?? Im in the penrhyn road campus.

Sofia x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm at kingston hill, doing law, I live local, do you wanna text me?

Ashleigh
Reply 26
Hey I'm Matthew,

Im living locally like a couple of people on this forum and like them I'm a little worried about making friends as I will be missing out halls, it would be nice to know some of you who are in the same boat as me before I start on the 23rd, Im Studying Business Management with the 1 year work placement on Kingston Hill campus (I think) If you want to chat add me on Facebook or Twitter, @Matth3wHaig, Thanks

Matthew
oh no someone just gave away her phone number online...
Original post by Wakkeyy1994
I'm at kingston hill, doing law, I live local, do you wanna text me?

Ashleigh

Sure ill whatsapp you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys! I going to kingston too. to study pharmacy... maybe ill see everyone around :biggrin:
Original post by shawn_o1
oh no someone just gave away her phone number online...

haha I thought the same thing! but its nice to get to now people..
Hey I'm Jasmine, I'll be studying Business Management in Kingston hill! See you around :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm Chloe, a Student Ambassador for the university. I've just gone into my second year meaning, like you, I was in the same situation last year! Although I lived in halls all of the friendsI made either commute or lived in totally different halls. Remember everyone is in the same boat, all nervous and wanting to make friends. My advice is to talk to people, if you standing in a queue for enrolment just ask someone what they're studying, you may meet a friend for life!

There are so many events in Freshers week that I'm sure you'll all find something you enjoy. I personally think the freshers fair is the best because you get to talk to people with similar interests as well as getting loads of free stuff (and who doesn't like free stuff!).

If you have any questions or worries don't hesitate to contact me!

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:
Hi I'm Temi, studying biological sciences penhryn road campus. I'll also be staying at home, so commuting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! I would have loved to go from home but it's 45 minutes by car and an hour thirty by train, you're lucky! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm Claire! I'll be studying at Penrhyn Road too! I'm doing Film Studies however :smile: I'm staying in Seething Wells, block E to be exact!
Original post by Kodiakcity
Awesome! I would have loved to go from home but it's 45 minutes by car and an hour thirty by train, you're lucky! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha not too lucky. It's a bit of a journey. :tongue: you staying in Uni accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Kodiakcity

Posted from TSR Mobile

berkshire way? im coming from east berkshire, and that sounds the same as my journey!
Original post by Inspired_tem
Haha not too lucky. It's a bit of a journey. :tongue: you staying in Uni accomodation?

I am! :smile: I'm staying in Kingston Hill campus, Last year my brother stayed in Chancellors and there was a ladybug infestation, I'm staying in Walkden halls so hopefully there won't be any :biggrin:
Will you still be going from home next year?
Original post by Lukey10
berkshire way? im coming from east berkshire, and that sounds the same as my journey!

I'm actually coming from West Sussex! :smile: I'm thinking of going home maybe once or twice a month because I'm not a fan of long boring train journeys by myself :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending