Sociology Unit 3 AQA Watch

EmilyyyyC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi. I've been trying to come up with an essay plan to write the question:

'Religion is still the most significant ideological influence in the world today.' To what extent do sociological arguements and evidence support the view?

I have no idea whatsoever how to answer the question! Any ideas anyone?
Thoth's World
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EmilyyyyC)

'Religion is still the most significant ideological influence in the world today.' To what extent do sociological arguements and evidence support the view?

I don't take sociology, or have any previous knowledge. But from that statement you could include, that many wars,disputes and segregation take place in the world because of religion. Also, people's behaviors are influenced by religion, the way they conduct themselves. That's all I can think of just trying to help :P
Xandra_95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EmilyyyyC)

You could talk about Functionalists, Marxists, Feminists and Fundamentalism as reasons to agree with the statement and then go on to talk about secularisation and then you could also bring in the post modernist argument that religion is not declining but changing to contradict the secularisation argument. I hope this kind of helps
kk6
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you have any prediction for the belief in society exam ???? I hate this topic and struggling to know what to revise etc also cannot find another thread on it so if you could redirect me to it if there is one... thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.49%
No (66)
98.51%

Watched Threads