The Student Room Group

Exam Illness A Level

I missed an AQA Chemistry Unit 1 exam on Friday 23rd May due to illness. I had suffered from food poisoning and obtained a letter from my local GP which explained my illness which prevented me from sitting the exam.
My school's examination officer wasn't in on the day so I have not been able to speak to him and I am terribly worried with what grade I will now be given come results day. Now that there are no more January examinations, what will happen to my exam grade? Will it be based on my mock/ other module results? I am terribly worried and I want to do medicine so can't afford any poor grades. I feel sick with worry now.
I share your predicament. Would be nice if someone replied.
Reply 2
Either based on mocks or the more likely, based on other chemistry exam (if you say Unit 2) or a free retake.
Reply 3
Original post by Jkizer
Either based on mocks or the more likely, based on other chemistry exam (if you say Unit 2) or a free retake.

When would that retake be because like I said there are no more January exams and the university application procedure happens before. It would be a dreadful scenario for me if that is the case.
My chemistry is really strong and I was just gutted that I revised so hard for the exam and was unable to take it. Is it most likely that it is based on the other units in Chemistry i.e. the ISA and Chem 2? Or the retake? Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it
Reply 4
Original post by Jkizer

And also are my hopes for Medicine at University under threat from what has happened?
Speak to your exams officer so he can decline the grade as you did not sit the exam (they are able to do this up to a certain days after the exam)
Reply 6
Original post by Inevitable
Speak to your exams officer so he can decline the grade as you did not sit the exam (they are able to do this up to a certain days after the exam)

What does this decline of grade mean?
Original post by JOSE MOU
What does this decline of grade mean?

If you're entered for the exam but don't sit it, I think you automatically get a U unless you're withdrawn from the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Are my hopes for a competitive application for medicine after this AS year under threat?
I was too ill to sit one of my AS exams and I got my predicted grade, which was the same as the grade I got in the other unit for that subject.

Quick Reply

Latest