The Student Room Group

Girls find me boring

Does anyone else get the impression others find then boring? I find this especially when talking to girls and it being online as the conversation always will fizzle out whether it be minutes hours days or weeks it never lasts. I even get a bit bored myself for trying. I never get past a few messages with hot girls if that. And when they do want to meet which is very rare they're either not all that or I don't particularly like them in general and I get too scared to meet them in the real world. How do I sort this problem out

Scroll to see replies

You seem to be assuming that its a problem with you.

It might be, but you also might be targeting a very dull demographic of people. Especially online conversation, as both sides are less invested in trying to keep a conversation going that if you're in a one-on-one situation - and likely to be doing something else at the same time.

Try chatting with people that are less 'hot'. As you get older you'll realise that looks aren't that important except as a baseline, and that how you click with someone is infinitely more valuable in someone you're looking to live with.
I also get the feeling that people find me boring, but it is very like just irrational fear. If I was boring, people would never talk to me. In regards to girls, I can't really help. I personally don't talk to girls online, and completely understand the fear of meeting them in real life. Talking to girls in person isn't hard for me, but it's not like I could take it anywhere with anyone I fancy or whatever. Honestly, I can't help you at all, just felt like rambling hahaha. Sorry.
Reply 3
Don't use blunt conversation starters, say interesting things even if it might be a bit weird, flirt (why not)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Skratch My Itch
I also get the feeling that people find me boring, but it is very like just irrational fear. If I was boring, people would never talk to me. In regards to girls, I can't really help. I personally don't talk to girls online, and completely understand the fear of meeting them in real life. Talking to girls in person isn't hard for me, but it's not like I could take it anywhere with anyone I fancy or whatever. Honestly, I can't help you at all, just felt like rambling hahaha. Sorry.

How can you understand my fear if meeting then? I don't think it's very common. I can talk to girls in real life just as I can talk to guys in real life. I may feel some lust towards them but I can't get flirty in person.
Original post by Anonymous
How can you understand my fear if meeting then? I don't think it's very common. I can talk to girls in real life just as I can talk to guys in real life. I may feel some lust towards them but I can't get flirty in person.

I mean that I could never meet someone for a date or whatever, if I met them online. Even though I don't talk to girls online, and can empathise with that fear. And yeah, same with me. I can't flirt at all. Like, I'd feel to awkward touching someone, even playfully, without some sort of consent haha.
Reply 6
I mean that I could never meet someone for a date or whatever, if I met them online. Even though I don't talk to girls online, and can empathise with that fear. And yeah, same with me. I can't flirt at all. Like, I'd feel to awkward touching someone, even playfully, without some sort of consent haha.

I would only make a move if I knew the girl was definitely up for it. On a date or in public place though nah. I think online I'm not half as witty as some people are towards them which is important when trying to woo a girl
Reply 7
Im in the same boat as you mate. I met a girl last sunday in a club and we had a drunken convosation (5 mins tops) before she left with friends. I sent her a friend request a few days later as i felt an attraction to her. Anyways, last night i log on and shes accepted the request, liked my photo (sounds childish but its a sign intrest) and inboxed me which must mean she felt the same way. However, the convosation is stale, she uses short anwsers which leads me to believe im not very entertaining as i am putting in effort..

Not much help to you i guess, but at least you're not alone!
Reply 8
I can't flirt at all. Like, I'd feel to awkward touching someone, even playfully, without some sort of consent haha.

This is basically how i feel too. I've been in situations where the girl has hinted at like touching her and i'm still like..''So you want me to?''. Life is so uncomfortable.
Original post by Wigwam5
This is basically how i feel too. I've been in situations where the girl has hinted at like touching her and i'm still like..''So you want me to?''. Life is so uncomfortable.

It's annoying definitely. The worst thing is that I often don't have issues engaging someone in conversation, and I'm fairly good at making girls laugh, but like...ugh. I hate being awkward lol.
Reply 10
Hello.
I really understand where you're coming from. I can be boring sometimes, I collect crystals and bore everyone with politics, but even though lots of my conversations with nice girls fizzle out I always feel better for trying. Don't give up mate, have fun but don't push too hard. You never know, one might catch you by surprise, as it did me, and I never thought that would happen. Best of luck and I hope all goes well for you.
noveria
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone else get the impression others find then boring? I find this especially when talking to girls and it being online as the conversation always will fizzle out whether it be minutes hours days or weeks it never lasts. I even get a bit bored myself for trying. I never get past a few messages with hot girls if that. And when they do want to meet which is very rare they're either not all that or I don't particularly like them in general and I get too scared to meet them in the real world. How do I sort this problem out

What are you saying to them? Perhaps ask them about themselves more, they'll appreciate you taking an interest in them and you can gauge whether you have similar interests and whatnot. Once you've learned what they like, then you can ask them out according to that. People are often far more interesting in person than online anyway.
Reply 12
It's annoying definitely. The worst thing is that I often don't have issues engaging someone in conversation, and I'm fairly good at making girls laugh, but like...ugh. I hate being awkward lol.

I hate being awkward too, i transform from a cucumber to a tomato which makes things even more awkward ahah.
Original post by noveria
Hello.
I really understand where you're coming from. I can be boring sometimes, I collect crystals and bore everyone with politics, but even though lots of my conversations with nice girls fizzle out I always feel better for trying. Don't give up mate, have fun but don't push too hard. You never know, one might catch you by surprise, as it did me, and I never thought that would happen. Best of luck and I hope all goes well for you.
noveria

I too am a fellow, umm, "borer"(?) with Politics, so you're not alone mate.
Original post by Wigwam5
I hate being awkward too, i transform from a cucumber to a tomato which makes things even more awkward ahah.

If that's a euphimsim, I can't understand it. As in you go red? I don't get the cucumber bit. It doesn't feel like you're talking about your genitals, so I have no idea haha.
Original post by Wigwam5

*euphemism
Reply 16
I too am a fellow, umm, "borer"(?) with Politics, so you're not alone mate.

Nice to know!
Original post by noveria
Nice to know!

Haha. Sorry, was rather irrelevant, wasn't it?
Reply 18
If that's a euphimsim, I can't understand it. As in you go red? I don't get the cucumber bit. It doesn't feel like you're talking about your genitals, so I have no idea haha.

Cool as a cucumber..? No, not my genitals ahahah! Basically my skin for some reason turns really red when im in awkward situations without me even feeling it and it stands out like a sore thumb. Thats untill someone mentions it and then my head really looks like it's about to explode! :cool:
Reply 19
Haha. Sorry, was rather irrelevant, wasn't it?

No worries - always good to meet another politician!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending