Mixed messages on "the pill" Watch

NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was watching "Troubadores - singer songwriters" on BBC4 last night, about the music world based on California in the 60s & 70s.
They (well, the men at least) said how the arrival of the pill was a great time, until the arrival of AIDS.

This Guardian article similarly talks of the liberation of "millions of women".

That was then, this is now ... women are queueing up to reject the pill!

What's your take?
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did know a couple of girls when I was younger who didn't bother using any contraception using lame excuses like "lads dont like condoms" "my mum might find out" or even "I cant be bothered its too much hassle" (one of these girls had several abortions before the age of 18). However I do think that article is an exaggeration especially as its talking about women as old as late 20s, I'm pretty sure the majority of teenagers aren't that irresponsible either; most women I know who are sexually active are on birth control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone think the fall in use of contraception is a factor contributing to the rise in abortions?
(source) Name:  Ab rate2.gif
Views: 41
Size:  9.5 KB

What other factors are there?

Can anyone explain why the UK has the highest rate in Europe among 15-19year olds? Name:  Ab rate 15-19.png
Views: 57
Size:  11.6 KB

Is it just the city areas causing this and without out their high rate we would be comparable to our neighbours?
Name:  Ab rate3.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  169.8 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.69%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.07%
No- I want it (79)
26.78%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.46%

Watched Threads