the geeky girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
do you think 2 days revision from now is enough to get an A
wisegirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
No wayy. The content is too much. But the most beneficial thing is to go through past papers. I've gone through all the past papers for F212 from 2008-2013
Adzyy123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do you have any Idea what might come up?
moonriver96
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
At a-level? No, sorry. 2 days might be enough to finish all the content but to get an A, you need to do past papers, then re-do past papers, highlight areas where you're making mistakes etc..
bakedbeans247
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You never know what could happen, Insha'Allah we all do well.
DaisyChain1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Anyone got any idea's what might come up this year for the six, nine, eight markers?
mhassan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DaisyChain1)
Anyone got any idea's what might come up this year for the six, nine, eight markers?
I'm predicting a big question on colorimeter, actions of B lymphocytes and a 9 marker on water molecules. Where you talk about latent heat, cohesive, polarity etc
mhassan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the geeky girl)
do you think 2 days revision from now is enough to get an A
Depends on you brain level. I know a few people that can get A's with two days of hardcore revision.
the geeky girl
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by mhassan)
Depends on you brain level. I know a few people that can get A's with two days of hardcore revision.
really? how do u suggest i do it then. please give me tips i beg. i have one day left now
DaisyChain1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
i've been doing past papers and getting B's do you think the grade boundaries will fall this year?
wisegirl
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Things that will come up:
Selective breeding
Natural selection
B Lymphocytes
Coronary heart disease/Tar
life cycle of malarial parasite
DaisyChain1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I would love a question on water or how smoking causes lung cancer. I need to revise LDL's and HDL's aswell.
Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wisegirl)
Selective breeding
Natural selection
B Lymphocytes
That'd be a dream
kirtan patel
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
bana sum1 plz help me to differentiate between: selective breeding, clonning, tissue culture
ss04
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kirtan patel)
bana sum1 plz help me to differentiate between: selective breeding, clonning, tissue culture

selective breeding is where humans choose which individual organisms are allowed to breed according to chosen characteristics.

a clone is just a genetically identical copy.
ss04
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wisegirl)
Selective breeding
Natural selection
B Lymphocytes
can you explain the life cycle of a malarial parasite please?
FireFreak
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Compare structure of glycogen with starch
Hydrogen bonding - (Draw example)
Microorganisms and food
50% of paper on biodiversity. 5% definitions.
Active and Passive immunity.
Vaccination
Two forms of variation. (This was a big marker June 2012, likely it will come up)
Immune response.
Cytokines.
Enzymes and food.
Outline structure of Hemoglobin.

Enjoy. These are predictions based on past paper knowledge and how common/uncommon things come up. So please don,t get rough with me if these don't come up.
ss04
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
is CVD likely to come up. things like atherosclerosis,thrombosis,stroke,CHD???
wisegirl
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ss04)
can you explain the life cycle of a malarial parasite please?
female anopheles misquito feeds on infected person
parasite moves to salivary glands
nosquito feeds on uninfected person
injects saliva
parasite moves into the blood
wisegirl
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mhassan)
I'm predicting a big question on colorimeter, actions of B lymphocytes and a 9 marker on water molecules. Where you talk about latent heat, cohesive, polarity etc
immune response
vaccination
coronary heart disease
tar
dna replication

could be any
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads