username1429072
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know it depends on what you're interested in but I was wondering if these choices would be beneficial. Would the work together well or am I just limiting myself. Also, will they get me into a good uni?

I'm thinking of doing: PE, Psychology, Biology and Geography
TirnanF
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You have two good subjects there, Biology and Geography and the other two are ok. You'd get into a good uni but might be limiting yourself in the choice of courses, if you picked chemistry rather than PE or Psychology you'd have loads of options.
michaelhaych
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to pursue a degree in science then it is preferable to study at least 2 science subjects, some universities will accept Psychology and/or Geography as a science subject but the majority of more prestigious universities will not.
Most universities prefer you to have at most one "soft" subject; Psychology and PE fall into that category, maybe swap one for a more academically challenging subject unless you're certain you want to study them.

It's hard to offer advice without having any inkling of what subject area you want to pursue at university
username1429072
Rep:
?
I'm not entirely sure what it want to do when I'm older. I'm thinking something to do with sport, sports psychology, sports science etc. or something to do with marine animals. Or something to do with geography, climatologist or something like that.

i would like to go to a good uni. I had a look round Loughborough the other day with a friend and it's excellent, especially if I want to go down the sport route
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by louis3107)
I'm not entirely sure what it want to do when I'm older. I'm thinking something to do with sport, sports psychology, sports science etc. or something to do with marine animals. Or something to do with geography, climatologist or something like that.

i would like to go to a good uni. I had a look round Loughborough the other day with a friend and it's excellent, especially if I want to go down the sport route

You won't get into a good uni just from the subjects you're doing. You have to also get the grades, your subjects seem fine but it's dependent on what career field you're looking to go into.

Loughborough is a great university especially for Engineering/Sports/Business related subjects. I currently hold an offer to study there which I insured :rolleyes:

Definitely try as best you can to get good grades in the upcoming academic year to further your chances of obtaining an offer at a top-ranking university. Good luck!
Shadowninja107
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know it depends on what you're interested in but I was wondering if these choices would be beneficial. Would the work together well or am I just limiting myself. Also, will they get me into a good uni?

These subjects are not even worth taking, you might as well sign up as a bin man already.
username1429072
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
You won't get into a good uni just from the subjects you're doing. You have to also get the grades, your subjects seem fine but it's dependent on what career field you're looking to go into.

Loughborough is a great university especially for Engineering/Sports/Business related subjects. I currently hold an offer to study there which I insured :rolleyes:

Definitely try as best you can to get good grades in the upcoming academic year to further your chances of obtaining an offer at a top-ranking university. Good luck!

Thanks man good luck to you as well at Loughborough
username1429072
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shadowninja107)
These subjects are not even worth taking, you might as well sign up as a bin man already.

Really, why what's wrong with the Sport is my thing which I would like to pursue further, I'm interested in psychology as I've never done it before, biology I think would work well with PE and geography I really enjoy.
Invest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really, why what's wrong with the Sport is my thing which I would like to pursue further, I'm interested in psychology as I've never done it before, biology I think would work well with PE and geography I really enjoy.
Don't worry about what that user is saying. But yeah you have great choices but bare in mind you will also need to put in effort and do good to keep these options open for you.
John10000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't do PE (its worthless, not even being harsh or critical, it has no value unless you want to be a sports teacher at a school and even then thats more based on experience rather than a PE a level)

take maths, chemistry or physics, (a hundred fold tougher than 'A level PE' but open up a lot more doors for you, and they are only hard if you don't work, if you work = they are easy)
username1429072
Rep:
?
What about if I changed PE for ICT. Would that be better because I hate chemistry and I'm not great at maths.
Omni Vanitas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What about if I changed PE for ICT. Would that be better because I hate chemistry and I'm not great at maths.
ICT is completely useless, do chemistry or maths. Maths is a great subject to have at A level
username1119082
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I know a guy who is doing psychology, biology and geography (I can't remember his fourth) at AS and he's going to a good college and they don't seem to have any issues with his choices and he's interested in doing sport psychology at uni or something. I don't know if that's any help, but if you're interested in your subjects, just go for them. You might end up doing subjects you're not passionate about if not and that would just be miserable…
Flauta
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It'd be better to get a B in PE than a D or worse in Chem/Maths because you're not as good at them. Your subjects are fine, there are people in my year doing almost exactly the same subjects with university offers.
John10000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Again ICT is nothing special to be honest, i promise you lol if you did 2-3 hours of revision every day after school/college and you paid attention in class and you focused on it, you would be good at it... and THEN you would like it lol.

Repetition is the key to proficiency matey
vaguelyambiguous
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I would say they all link quite nicely, however what do you want to pursue in the future? perhaps that would affect your choices. If you're unsure, this is perhaps a very closed and limiting option block, especially with something specific like psychology. Those who choose psychology are generally interested in the social sciences and pursuing such subjects in the future. It really depends on your career and degree choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed