The Student Room Group

Any Guys Who Are Virgins On Here?

Poll

Guys, are you a virgin?

I just wanted to do a quick poll to test a theory I have.

Please answer and comment as to why you are a virgin (if you are) :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Pre-marital sexual relations is a sin.

/debunked
Original post by Abdul-Karim

/debunked

Fair dos. Im guessing your Hinduist?

There's nothing to debunk.
Yes I am. Two reasons. Sort of. One is that I honestly don't want to lose my virginity like it's nothing. I want to lose it to someone I love and trust. That, and honestly, even if that wasn't the case, I don't know any girls who would be willing to have sex with me, let alone that I find attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The trick is finding those who aren't:beard:
Original post by Mr Trollcakes

Hi guys,
just saw this thread and it really intrigued me! I am currently in a relationship with a man, we have regular intercourse however he was my first partner. I was simply scared to admit i was gay to all my chums and it made me quite nervous and apprehensive around females which is why i probably failed to 'pull' as 'lads' say.Anyway i believe mental barriers are as big a hindrance to someone getting laid as physical attraction! BTW i didn't lose my cherry until i was 23, don't worry lads keep striving you'll be fine!
many regards, Roger

/debunked

urmm can you keep your religious beliefs to yourself? they don't apply to everyone else you know :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Reply 8
I'm not, but I don't see why some people make it such a big deal. Maybe it's just me...? :confused:
Original post by Seb.
I'm not, but I don't see why some people make it such a big deal. Maybe it's just me...? :confused:

People assume every guy on TSR is a virgin and they can't get any :tongue:
I'm an hindu and In my culture we do not believe in pre marital sex,no one in my whole familly had pre marital sex.,we believe it is wrong,we also have some catholics in our familly ,who do not practice pre marital sex.

I'm not going to have sex with someone that I'm not going to spend the rest of my life with. But that's just how I was raised, different people have different values. I think sex is not just sleeping with someone it has to be special, intimate. It may not be perfect(first times generally aren't) but it's with the right person.
My parents stressed on education a lot when I was growing up and I think it did me good.

The best thing about Tamil culture is that both men and women preserve themselves and stay virgins for their future partner.. whom they are yet to meet...and probably years after. They lose virginity to their partner only and stay together forever. Remaining virgin is a choice. A choice made to show the ultimate love and respect for their future partner... regardless of how he/she looks, does, where they come from, what they do etc... This is also ultimate self control. If you can control yourself and remain virgin till you get married then you will find it easier to be with the one you are married to. Simple logic. Applied by both men and women.

For you Westerners, sex is just a physical contact which fulfilling your body needs. but for us sex is love. its a bond between the life partners. we want to be special for particular person whoever she may be.

Then another question for you, after having sex ur girlfriend saying that you are better than him. while hearing this will u feel proud?
or if she is saying you are not good in bed.. will u feel ashamed?

But we wont say these things to our wives. because we dont have previous experiences. so whatever the feel is, for us that our wife is best... is that wrong thing...?

Touch your heart and say, if your wife losing her virginity to you by love and believing you after saving these many years means how will you feel? dont you feel happy that she saved her virginity especially for u and you only without even know about you... or treat her like some loser for not having sex experience before.

If virginity is not makes the girl special then what makes the girl special for you?
if your answer is heart means, are you sure your wife loving you only for entire life after moving for some other.?

Sex matters... since sex tells you how one can be close enough to a person... having sex with multiple partners / having had sex with multiple partners means thats... One can be close to so many people which disqualifies them for monogamy relationships.

All my friends who lost theirs say they regret it every day.
I prefer to keep my self pure for my future wife.

Being a virgin nowadays makes you special, it's like being a unicorn'

You shouldn't lose your virginity before marriage. Participating in casual sex will leave lasting emotional scars that will affect all of your future partners.Virginity is the most precious gift you can give to another Human being.

Nowadays if you aren't carrying and STD or don't have multiple sex partners people think you are a loser..,Virgin girls are so precious ,girls of today have sex at like 12 at the age of 20 most of girls in the uk had like 10 sexual partners......I respect virgin girls ,they make the best marriage materials and I will treat my future wife like a goddess.

/debunked

Well said :wink:

He's muslim not Hindu,abdul karim is an arabic name .Most of religious people are supposed to stay virgin.
Reply 14

I'm pretty sure it's a requirement when you sign up.
Original post by Lebgultime
I'm an hindu and In my culture we do not believe in pre marital sex,no one in my whole familly had pre marital sex.,we believe it is wrong,we also have some catholics in our familly ,who do not practice pre marital sex.

I'm not going to have sex with someone that I'm not going to spend the rest of my life with. But that's just how I was raised, different people have different values. I think sex is not just sleeping with someone it has to be special, intimate. It may not be perfect(first times generally aren't) but it's with the right person.
My parents stressed on education a lot when I was growing up and I think it did me good.

The best thing about Tamil culture is that both men and women preserve themselves and stay virgins for their future partner.. whom they are yet to meet...and probably years after. They lose virginity to their partner only and stay together forever. Remaining virgin is a choice. A choice made to show the ultimate love and respect for their future partner... regardless of how he/she looks, does, where they come from, what they do etc... This is also ultimate self control. If you can control yourself and remain virgin till you get married then you will find it easier to be with the one you are married to. Simple logic. Applied by both men and women.

For you Westerners, sex is just a physical contact which fulfilling your body needs. but for us sex is love. its a bond between the life partners. we want to be special for particular person whoever she may be.

Then another question for you, after having sex ur girlfriend saying that you are better than him. while hearing this will u feel proud?

But we wont say these things to our wives. because we dont have previous experiences. so whatever the feel is, for us that our wife is best... is that wrong thing...?

Touch your heart and say, if your wife losing her virginity to you by love and believing you after saving these many years means how will you feel? dont you feel happy that she saved her virginity especially for u and you only without even know about you... or treat her like some loser for not having sex experience before.

If virginity is not makes the girl special then what makes the girl special for you?
if your answer is heart means, are you sure your wife loving you only for entire life after moving for some other.?

Sex matters... since sex tells you how one can be close enough to a person... having sex with multiple partners / having had sex with multiple partners means thats... One can be close to so many people which disqualifies them for monogamy relationships.

You shouldn't lose your virginity before marriage. Participating in casual sex will leave lasting emotional scars that will affect all of your future partners.Virginity is the most precious gift you can give to another Human being.

Nowadays if you aren't carrying and STD or don't have multiple sex partners people think you are a loser..,Virgin girls are so precious ,girls of today have sex at like 12 at the age of 20 most of girls in the uk had like 10 sexual partners......I respect virgin girls ,they make the best marriage materials and I will treat my future wife like a goddess.

While I respect your right to feel this way, however, some of your statements are not correct. I know some people who do enjoy casual sex and it hasn't left them with any emotional baggage. Also, saying that you should until marriage is all fine and dandy, but what about those who don't want to get married? I personally would rather avoid marriage as I don't want to be involved in a religious ceremony (unless I had a partner who insisted lol). I think the issue I take with your post is that rather saying why you are staying a virgin, you are also telling everyone else how they should lead their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut:

:facepalm2:
Original post by Tootles
:lolwut:

:facepalm2:

Had you looked at my username before replying... :wink: *successful*
Original post by Lebgultime

That is one of the most beautiful written speeches I've ever read on the site. I totally agree with you even though I'm not hindu, but a Christian. I'm a girl, 17 and still a virgin too. I believe that waiting till marriage is the best thing you can do :smile: I have much respect for you, that your still a virgin too and your righteous beliefs.
Original post by MissyX178
That is one of the most beautiful written speeches I've ever read on the site. I totally agree with you even though I'm not hindu, but a Christian. I'm a girl, 17 and still a virgin too. I believe that waiting till marriage is the best thing you can do :smile: I have much respect for you, that your still a virgin too and your righteous beliefs.

Thank you, I have Christians in my family that do not believe in pre marital sex as well,my cousin's are Roman catholic and they are against pre martial sex .

I respect religious people that follow their religion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending