GCSE AQA Biology Unit 1 Friday 6th June 2014 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    6 days away! Everyone ready?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    6 marker predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Well B2 and B3 had silly six markers so you never know what they could give. I hope it's something easy like evaluate each method of cloning and how it is carried out.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we ask each other B1 questions? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 exams before that this week and ad maths on Friday...think I'll put biology on the side for a while

ReputationRep:
    Someone explain the carbon cycle in simple terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    Someone explain the carbon cycle in simple terms.

HEY!
    Carbon Cycle is basically the removal and addition of carbon in the atmosphere and (as the spec emphasises) In a stable environment the amount of carbon removed from the atmosphere balances the amount of carbon released back into it.

-carbon removed by plants as CO2 for photosynthesis
    -Carbon used to make carbohydrates, proteins, fats etc which make up the body of the plant.
    -The plant also must respire-this releases some carbon as Co2 back into the atmosphere
    - When plants are eaten, some of the carbon becomes part of the animals biomass.
    - some carbon is released as CO2 when the animal respires.
    - When plants and animals die, carbon is released at Co2 on decay.
    - Some of the carbon forms as nutrients in the soil which will be taken up by new plants.
    - fossil fuels release carbon as CO2 into atmosphere on combustion.

Hope this helps! If you need anything else please let me know.
    Z x

ReputationRep:
    6 marker for last year was the carbon cycle, so I doubt it'll come up this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver-wind)
    6 marker for last year was the carbon cycle, so I doubt it'll come up this time
    Yes but they always ask questions on it. It could even be a four marker. The six marker in jan 2014 was describe how microorganism cause disease in the human body and how the body defends itself against micro organisms that enter the body.
    I posted this because most people wont have seen the jan 2014 paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think an evaluation question might come up. Its not made an appearance in wither of this years Unit 2 or 3 exams so look over your arguments for adult cell cloning everyone! We can do this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    6 days away! Everyone ready?
    nooooooo im so worried and I haven't even started revising core physics and chemistry yet!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    Yes but they always ask questions on it. It could even be a four marker. The six marker in jan 2014 was describe how microorganism cause disease in the human body and how the body defends itself against micro organisms that enter the body.
    I posted this because most people wont have seen the jan 2014 paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I see.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot be bothered to revise for b1. My new motto is just "meh"

(Original post by Duckielurve)
    Yeah motivation is running low atm for all exams because of half term

ReputationRep:
    I don't do Aqa gcse for any other science but I think The biology exam is always the worst. The questions they ask are sometimes so stupid and B2 and B3 were hard too. I need to do well in this unit but the exam is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)
    I don't do Aqa gcse for any other science but I think The biology exam is always the worst. The questions they ask are sometimes so stupid and B2 and B3 were hard too. I need to do well in this unit but the exam is a joke.
    I agree! The turn the paper into a 'How science works' fiasco with tonnes of strange graphs AQA chemistry and physics are far more straight forward with information you can recall far more easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckielurve)
    Yeah my life atm in a nut shell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zali249)
    I think an evaluation question might come up. Its not made an appearance in wither of this years Unit 2 or 3 exams so look over your arguments for adult cell cloning everyone! We can do this!
    Yeah I've got a feeling too or I think it could be something about fighting disease with drugs, vaccines or medicines something along those lines for the 6markers bur the exams have been veryy unpredictable this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So there is a thread for this after all. I'm only on the Nervous System for my revision. So far behind. I hope MyGCSEScience is enough to get an A :'(

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2014

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.