Possible to switch to joint honours after a while? Watch

Freckles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was wondering if it'd be possible to switch from a single honours to a joint honours degree after a while? Like, if I take the modules I would be taking if I did a joint honours as my subsidary modules, would it be possible to make the degree a joint degree after year one or so? Seeing as I would have taken all the required modules? Sorry if this is confusing :P
izsushant
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
It is possible to do so but only with the permisson of the head of your dept. or appropriate personnel. Why do you wanna make joint honours. I am planning to take several external political modules but want to come out with the single economics degree.
Freckles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Don't know, just thought it'd look better if I'm gonna do all the required modules anyway :p: Like, I'd love to do American Studies and Philosophy, but they aren't running that programme anymore anyway So now I'll do single hons Am.S and still just take the Philo modules.

But I was wondering, in the end, do you get some sort of certificate that shows exactly which modules you've done?
mousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'll get a transcript with the individual module marks on for your whole course i think. xx
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't know how the module thing works when you graduate, but I remember my Chem teacher saying how he could've chosen to make his degree a Chemistry degree or a Biochemistry degree. Basically, he read Chemistry at Southhampton, but he took loads of Biochemistry modules cus that's the aspect of Chem he liked best. At the end, they gave him a choice as to what goes on his cert - Chem or Biochem. He picked Chem in the end cus that was the field he wants to work in. Excellent teacher, btw.

So dunno - there's a chance you might get a choice like that at the end if you took enough of that subject's modules I guess!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?