The Student Room Group

AQA Music Listening June 2nd 2014

Hey, how is everyone feeling about the music exam? Do you have any tips for raising your grade?
Reply 1
Original post by Hariex
Hey, how is everyone feeling about the music exam? Do you have any tips for raising your grade?

Hoping for those 40 UMS marks to get an A overall

Basically we had about 5 lessons on the listening exams throughout the whole course, our teacher has changed 3 times and most of the lessons were done by an assistant who was a P.E. teacher :smile:

Sooo yeah, and I also thought I could revise by doing past papers but apparently no, have to contact AQA for the CD :awesome:

Last year I got an E, then I somehow managed to get a B - mind you, it was the exact same exam..
I hope I've made you feel better about your mark :P

Have you got any resources/questions where there are actual musical excerpts along with questions? The only thing I've managed to find is a bunch of definitions, memorised most of them but now I only have to pick them out from the music excerpts.. http://quizlet.com/5355863/flashcards

Would appreciate it if you could link some questions/yt videos/mock papers or whatever.
Reply 2
Original post by mickel_w
Hoping for those 40 UMS marks to get an A overall

Basically we had about 5 lessons on the listening exams throughout the whole course, our teacher has changed 3 times and most of the lessons were done by an assistant who was a P.E. teacher :smile:

Sooo yeah, and I also thought I could revise by doing past papers but apparently no, have to contact AQA for the CD :awesome:

Last year I got an E, then I somehow managed to get a B - mind you, it was the exact same exam..
I hope I've made you feel better about your mark :P

Have you got any resources/questions where there are actual musical excerpts along with questions? The only thing I've managed to find is a bunch of definitions, memorised most of them but now I only have to pick them out from the music excerpts.. http://quizlet.com/5355863/flashcards

Would appreciate it if you could link some questions/yt videos/mock papers or whatever.

I have some CDs which I can email to you if you like. (Private message?)

Did you do your course over one or two years?
Reply 3
Original post by Hariex

That would be great. I'll PM you my e-mail.

2 Year course for everyone else, but 1 year for me, as I dropped French to do Music. Couldn't stand both spanish and french with the same teacher.
yeh…Gonna fail it :")
Original post by Hariex

Would you mind emailing me the audio files as well
Reply 6
A good website to practice listening is Teoria.com, it has listening tests where you identify rhythms, intervals etc.
Reply 7
has anyone got some cds or listening exercises or anything like that?

I wanted to do all the past papers today, but you need to contact aqa for the cd...
guys how do you do well in this ?! its so hard
Reply 9
Good luck everyone with this exam...

I think we need it.
Reply 10
Good luck everyone!

Let me give you some hilarious music jokes to cheer you all up:

What do you get when you throw a piano on an army camp?

Spoiler

What do you get when you throw a piano down a mine?

Spoiler

What couldn't Beethoven find his piano teacher?

Spoiler

I hope these weren't too treblesome... :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest