Important question about English literature exam

Watch
Flint_sky7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, I'm new to TSR so sorry if this post goes wrong. Basically there's something that's really been bothering me. On the 16th of May I had an english lit exam which is with the exam board AQA. For the poetry section we had to do the Feminine Gospels by Carol Ann Duffy. So basically there was an option of 2 questions and I chose the first one which was a statement that critics had given and we had to argue it. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what the quote was, if anyone here did the exam and can remember the quote I would be grateful if you could post it.

Sorry this is turning out to be so long but I misinterpreted the question according to my classmates. Would I get any marks for what I wrote? I talked about language, structure and form throughout and I thought it would have been an okay-ish piece if I hadn't misinterpreted the question.
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's impossible to say with certainty, but I've read from examiner reports that they appreciate individuality in responses so just because you interpreted the question differently doesn't necessarily mean that your answer is invalid. In fact, it could be that they really enjoyed your unique perspective.
Flint_sky7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by edgarcats)
It's impossible to say with certainty, but I've read from examiner reports that they appreciate individuality in responses so just because you interpreted the question differently doesn't necessarily mean that your answer is invalid. In fact, it could be that they really enjoyed your unique perspective.
Ah, okay. Thank you. When I asked my classmates they said that we had to talk about poems were Carol Ann Duffy downplays the real issues presented in the Feminine Gospels. But I wrote about poems in which women are portrayed negatively and then I contrasted it with poems that challenge the negative stereotypes of women. So I did it completely wrong?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads