Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Bad Truths + No good truths = Falsified/Warped perception.
    Also not "falsified" perception. Rather distorted. There is a difference.

Good truths + no bad truths = No free speech/ Warped perception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    So what was your point with your "mass civillian murders"?
    My point was that many (mass) innocent people (civilians) were murdered (killed/no longer living.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Also not "falsified" perception. Rather distorted. There is a difference.

Good truths + no bad truths = No free speech/ Warped perception.
    Yes I agree, distorted is the word I should have used. Not falsified.

"Good truths + no bad truths = No free speech/ Warped perception" - Exactly, hence why I said considering both sides TO PROVIDE A BALANCED REPORT WOULD BE BEST AS PEOPLE'S PERCEPTIONS DERIVED FROM THIS WOULD NOT BE WARPED.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    1.) The adequate quanitity needed in order to aid them in convincing the publich, as this would help their cause of going to war/invasion.

BTW: I commented on your "Master/Slave thing" if that's what you meant.

And no I haven't lied in this thread. you were the 1 who denied a quote that you actually made.
    So you are convinced that the media, hand in hand with the American government are "brain washing" the public for them to be more receptive to attacks in the Middle East?

Did I say lie anywhere?

Nope, that wasn't a DENIAL, your brain does not allow you does it not to see that if you make a quote, then you have to say the similarites between my quote (which I accept) and the word "twisted".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    My point was that many (mass) innocent people (civilians) were murdered (killed/no longer living.)
    And so you deny that at 9/11, no civillians were killed/ murdered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And so you deny that at 9/11, no civillians were killed/ murdered?
    Of course they were. But I don't understand the point you are making by repeating this.

Unless you mean "revenge" - Problem is that it is affecting/punishing the innocent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes I agree, distorted is the word I should have used. Not falsified.

"Good truths + no bad truths = No free speech/ Warped perception" - Exactly, hence why I said considering both sides TO PROVIDE A BALANCED REPORT WOULD BE BEST AS PEOPLE'S PERCEPTIONS DERIVED FROM THIS WOULD NOT BE WARPED.
    Yet you only present an extreme view of the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Of course they were. But I don't understand the point you are making by repeating this.

Unless you mean "revenge" - Problem is that it is affecting/punishing the innocent.
    I was only picking up the quote to which when I repied 9/11 to a quote, you said (or the gist of it was : ) "So what are you implying?".

I did not mean revenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

And I don't understand the point by raisning the question of "mass murders", are you implying that it was a punishable war crime? Or collateral damage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    So you are convinced that the media, hand in hand with the American government are "brain washing" the public for them to be more receptive to attacks in the Middle East?

Did I say lie anywhere?

Nope, that wasn't a DENIAL, your brain does not allow you does it not to see that if you make a quote, then you have to say the similarites between my quote (which I accept) and the word "twisted".
    "receptive" - Try, "accepting to" instead.

"then you have to say the similarites between my quote (which I accept) and the word "twisted"." - The similarities are that you said I added bits on to your analogy to change it into something else - That is the superiority thing (my comparison for the analogy you were inferred, I ranted on about). This is the same thing as twisted. (However, i didn't, my interpretation was simply different, AND MORE TRUTHFUL AND REAL-LIFE IN MY OPINION.)

ReputationRep:
    I must point out at this point that the American Media has lambasted Bush et al, with their conduct over Iraq/the Middle East.

Including what you were implying of the "mass murders".

So there are another side to all of this Bono.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    (However, i didn't, my interpretation was simply different, AND MORE TRUTHFUL AND REAL-LIFE IN MY OPINION.)
    The main thing here is the word:"Opinion"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And I don't understand the point by raisning the question of "mass murders", are you implying that it was a punishable war crime? Or collateral damage?
    I raised the point of mass murders as I linked it to why the USA government wanted negative media coverage about middle eastern countries such as iraq etc. They used it to enable them to go to war without it backfiring on them (As in Bush, for when the election comes round)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The main thing here is the word:"Opinion"
    Why do you make comments which have hardly any meaning to them? Of course, it's opinions, it's not Maths is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I must point out at this point that the American Media has lambasted Bush et al, with their conduct over Iraq/the Middle East.
    Yes, over a year on. They want to make money and sell papers of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I raised the point of mass murders as I linked it to why the USA government wanted negative media coverage about middle eastern countries such as iraq etc. They used it to enable them to go to war without it backfiring on them (As in Bush, for when the election comes round)
    Sorry I don't get you on this point. You implied something about the USA "mass murdering" the people of Afghanistan/Iraq.

So whats your point now? More to the FECKING point, what are you arguing about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Why do you make comments which have hardly any meaning to them? Of course, it's opinions, it's not Maths is it.
    Yet you present them as if they were facts. I was merely presenting this KEY word out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes, over a year on. They want to make money and sell papers of course.
    So the fact that papers have to make money by selling papers (because we are talking about a captialist system-not about the state run media).

In fact many papers, at the time did protest about Bush's stance on the matter in both conflicts. Does that mean they weren't selling papers? Does that mean they did not conform to the Governmen'ts will?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Sorry I don't get you on this point. You implied something about the USA "mass murdering" the people of Afghanistan/Iraq.

So whats your point now? More to the FECKING point, what are you arguing about?
    Yes, they did. They used the media to convey a negative perception of Iraq which aided them in going to war with a fair amount of public backing. They would be worried about it back-firing, that was my point. They wanted to invade iraq and kill people (INEVITABLY) for Oil. You know this is my opinion.

We are arguing about what the actual "similarity" involved when your analogy was made. I interpreted it as the master/inferior thing, you said it was the media reporting it to aid encouragement/improvement etc. i said it wass BS, you said mine was BS.

Despite the fact that the USA did invade Iraq, they do have control of oil supplies, thousands of civilians were killed, and the media are mainly interested in making money/selling papers.. Ahhh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yet you present them as if they were facts. I was merely presenting this KEY word out.
    I use facts to aid me in constructing my opinion.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.