This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Possibly - but it was far far *less* relevent to the topic that was being discussed at the time.

So if I say:

"the sky is blue"

and you interpret that as

"the grass is orange"

everyone else should spend 6 pages of posts trying to explain the original intention and once the original intention is clear you will insist that your interpretation is more relevent?
No, my interpretation was the obvious one I still think that it was the more obvious one to his.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
No, my interpretation was the obvious one I still think that it was the more obvious one to his.
So in a debate about the media pointing out faults in Iran you believe that an analogy about a teacher pointing out faults to a student would "obviously" be referring to the american government and the entire middle east?

(ps bono - it's ok to admit that you might have been wrong and to back down...I've done it many many times - if anything you'll get more respect for it that trying to assert and re-assert something which is illogical to everyone else)
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Frankly speaking, the teacher/pupil analogy (AT YOUR INTERPRETATION) is a bad one to choose. The "obvious similarities" to real life is not that evident.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
So in a debate about the media pointing out faults in Iran you believe that an analogy about a teacher pointing out faults to a student would "obviously" be referring to the american government and the entire middle east?

(ps bono - it's ok to admit that you might have been wrong and to back down...I've done it many many times - if anything you'll get more respect for it that trying to assert and re-assert something which is illogical to everyone else)
Well it could be the american government and just Iran. They do the same to many other middle eastern nations, I just said middle eastern nations as it applied to several other individual nations to.

BTW: "media pointing out faults in Iran" - Yes, to create a bad public overall perception about the country, yes. I feel this links closely to their aim of wanting superiority over Iran, similarly to other middle eastern nations such as Iraq, for example's sake.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Frankly speaking, the teacher/pupil analogy (AT YOUR INTERPRETATION) is a bad one to choose. The "obvious similarities" to real life is not that evident.
I disagree, I think it DEFINITELY is.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good for you. I consider this argument to be closed, and further on we must have only thread titled related arguments only.

Unless you wish to ignore my Iraq - media - iran post, posted above.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Well havn't you fallen in the same hole that you are trying to dig?

You are saying that Western media report bad things about Middle East (Iraq)

Now you are basing your current views of Iraq ON the western media and comparing it to the Iranian situation.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Good for you. I consider this argument to be closed, and further on we must have only thread titled related arguments only.

Unless you wish to ignore my Iraq - media - iran post, posted above.
Yes, the "encourgement" and try to "improve" thing doesn't seem life-like to me whatsoever, it seems very diluded and biased in my opinion.

But yes, ok, argument closed.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Ok, let's get back to the important business of arguing about the age of consent
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Ok, let's get back to the important business of arguing about the age of consent
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This all actually started off when I said America were hypocrits regarding the comparison of their laws regarding sexual acitivity to those of certain middle eastern nations.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Yes, the "encourgement" and try to "improve" thing doesn't seem life-like to me whatsoever, it seems very diluded and biased in my opinion.

But yes, ok, argument closed.
Like I said "Good for you."

Now, about Iran's age of consent's condition officially just being "Being married"...
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
This all actually started off when I said America were hypocrits regarding the comparison of their laws regarding sexual acitivity to those of certain middle eastern nations.
Yes, but it was the digression that was the problem. Did the first part get argued out?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Like I said "Good for you."

Now, about Iran's age of consent's condition officially just being "Being married"...
What are the laws regarding marriage?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, but it was the digression that was the problem. Did the first part get argued out?
no.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I was pretty sure it started when you argued about how Iran's official condition for the Age of consent is being married, was just another Western Media's attack onto the "good truths"
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I was pretty sure it started when you argued about how Iran's official condition for the Age of consent is being married, was just another Western Media's attack onto the "good truths"
Nope.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Although I believe there are a lot of repressive and inappropriate things going on in middle eastern countries regarding women, the west isn't really much ahead. French women only got the vote in the 1940s (for example). We can't really impose our laws on another country can we?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Although I believe there are a lot of repressive and inappropriate things going on in middle eastern countries regarding women, the west isn't really much ahead. French women only got the vote in the 1940s (for example). We can't really impose our laws on another country can we?
I agree entirely.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Laws or morals, so yes.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (68)
52.71%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.75%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.85%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.1%

Watched Threads