Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    cunnilingus
    or fellatio for the gals! Yuk.

ReputationRep:
    Why is there such a stigmatism attached to oral sex just out of wonder? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    For men or women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And who needs to broadcast the "good" truths? After all, a teacher doesn't comment on your performance by saying "Oh look xyz is doing this well", they say "xyz needs to improve this"
    Indeed, the "master" or "superior" role suddenly takes place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Indeed, the "master" or "superior" role suddenly takes place.
    What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    What are you on about?
    It was just interesting that when talking about the US/UK perception on middle eastern countries (Iran in this case as I brought it up), you said that the good truths needant be commented on because "the teacher wouldn't do so for the pupil". The analogy says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    It was just interesting that when talking about the US/UK perception on middle eastern countries (Iran in this case as I brought it up), you said that the good truths needant be commented on because "the teacher wouldn't do so for the pupil". The analogy says it all.
    Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved. Thats a tenous link at best.

You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved. Thats a tenous link at best.

You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good.
    "Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved." - Well what then?

"You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good" - My point is that they portrayed a biased/distorted view of the country which wasn't reflective of how it really is; in order to attract negative publicity/perceptions towards that nation. This then aids them in their "Plans to rectify of this bad".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    "Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved." - Well what then?

"You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good" - My point is that they portrayed a biased/distorted view of the country which wasn't reflective of how it really is; in order to attract negative publicity/perceptions towards that nation. This then aids them in their "Plans to rectify of this bad".
    OK reading my previous post would be helpful. It explains it all nicely.

Give me an anology that you understand. I gave mine.

ReputationRep:
    "Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved. Thats a tenous link at best.

You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good."

1.) Why is it a tenious link when it was glaring and I could rant on all day about real life examples which would help to back this up.
    2.) What do you mean by "that you understand" ?I don't understand why that is relevant. I raised the fact that it was interesting when talking about USA's perception on middle eastern countries you straight away jumped to "Teacher talking to pupil".

ReputationRep:
    BTW: You ahven't given any analogy, this is why I don't understand what your post was talking about. I was the one who gave an analogy, and in my view I understand exactly what it's supposed to mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    "Yes...and? It was an apt anolaogy. Not because of the master/slave role involved. Thats a tenous link at best.

You give me an anology that you can understand then, that involves people/conditions whereby bad side of things are done/said rather than the good."

1.) Why is it a tenious link when it was glaring and I could rant on all day about real life examples which would help to back this up.
    2.) What do you mean by "that you understand" ?I don't understand why that is relevant. I raised the fact that it was interesting when talking about USA's perception on middle eastern countries you straight away jumped to "Teacher talking to pupil".
    Why not teacher talking to pupil? Give me some reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    BTW: You ahven't given any analogy, this is why I don't understand what your post was talking about. I was the one who gave an analogy, and in my view I understand exactly what it's supposed to mean.
    BS Complete BS, do you even understand what an anology is?

I was referring to the media as the teacher and the pupil at hand as being the country. I understand what you are wittering on about, all this "master/slave" crap. BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Why not teacher talking to pupil? Give me some reasons.
    Ehhh? That was my analogy, the teacher talking to pupil. As in, the teacher being the more "authorative figure" in the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Ehhh? That was my analogy, the teacher talking to pupil. As in, the teacher being the more "authorative figure" in the matter.
    BS, you don't even understand the gist of MINE analogy. Check the past posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    BS, you don't even understand the gist of MINE analogy. Check the past posts.
    My analogy is the USA portrayal of middle eastern countries being similar to that of the situation between a teacher and pupil - As in, only the bad points are being given and discussed and the teacher is the authorative figure as well.

I made this analogy after picking up on what you were saying.

So far you haven't stated any analogy. I've checked the posts, I don't see what your analogy is and the point it is trying to highlight. My point was that the USA's media only reveal the bad truths and try to have command over the middle eastern countries they choose to report on - similar to that of the situation between a teacher and pupil, which I picked up on in one of your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    My analogy is the USA portrayal of middle eastern countries being similar to that of the situation between a teacher and pupil - As in, only the bad points are being given and discussed and the teacher is the authorative figure as well.

I made this analogy after picking up on what you were saying.

So far you haven't stated any analogy. I've checked the posts, I don't see what your analogy is and the point it is trying to highlight. My point was that the USA's media only reveal the bad truths and try to have command over the middle eastern countries they choose to report on - similar to that of the situation between a teacher and pupil, which I picked up on in one of your posts.
    Again another Bonoesque escape. Repeatedly repeating the same points, but ignoring other people's arguments.

Lets state the facts:

1. I made the ANALOGY (teacher vs pupil) up in the first place.
    2. The fact that you don't see my point is incredible. Look harder at my past posts. Its all explained.
    3. Your point isn't proven. My point is valid, and perfectly suits the anology given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Again another Bonoesque escape. Repeatedly repeating the same points, but ignoring other people's arguments.

Lets state the facts:

1. I made the ANALOGY (teacher vs pupil) up in the first place.
    2. The fact that you don't see my point is incredible. Look harder at my past posts. Its all explained.
    3. Your point isn't proven. My point is valid, and perfectly suits the anology given.
    Lol, it's like bangin your head against a brick wall ain't it?

ReputationRep:
    It is indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I disagree - In my view my point suits it better.

In addition, you didn't make the analogy. You made no comparison between the USA's portrayal of middle eastern countries to that of the situation between a teacher and a pupil. You merely gave an example, you made no analogy. If you did, you didn't state it anyway.

And I still don't understand what your point is. You attempt to take credit for the analogy when infact it was just a random example you gave and it was i who spotted any distinct links, and then you say that the master/slave situation isn't true - SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT THEN, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MINE?

You haven't stated it. Yet.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.