Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    There are 2 analogies, say which one you are referring to. And answer all of mine arguments.
    My analogy has been stated several times. indeed, you even started moaning when I repeated it to you, so i won't say it again in consideration of that.

I thought your analogy (INDIRECTLY, NOT STATED MIND YOU) was the USA:teacher and Middle easter nation (IRAN if being picky): pupil.

This was the (not stated but what I thought u meant) comparison.

The similarity: America being the authoratative figure over the middle eastern nation and "not revealing the good truths when in discussion" as you explained.

I don't see what other similarity you tried to show, considering the one I commented on was glaringly obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Wrong again. Read first.

Read again, theres 2 analogies.
    Yes, there supposedly is according to you, but not once have you stated it. Your analogy was supposed to contain A DIFFERENT SIMILARITY according to you (I spotted the glaringly obvious one, yet you say that the similarity was infact supposed to be a different one), yet NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EXPLAINED WHAT IT IS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    The similarity: America being the authoratative figure over the middle eastern nation and "not revealing the good truths when in discussion" as you explained.

I don't see what other similarity you tried to show, considering the one I commented on was glaringly obvious.
    1. That wasn't your analogy. It was some S about America being the Master and Iran being the slave. That was your analogy.

2. Glaringly obvious? Not really.

Mine was obvious, yours was based on total bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes, there supposedly is according to you, but not once have you stated it. Your analogy was supposed to contain A DIFFERENT SIMILARITY according to you (I spotted the glaringly obvious one, yet you say that the similarity was infact supposed to be a different one), yet NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EXPLAINED WHAT IT IS.
    I have stated it, not my fault you choose not to see it.

And explained it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    1. That wasn't your analogy. It was some S about America being the Master and Iran being the slave. That was your analogy.
    Wrong, completely. Shame that you moan about repetitions then after all that you get it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I have stated it, not my fault you choose not to see it.

And explained it.
    In your own mind, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Wrong, completely. Shame that you moan about repetitions then after all that you get it wrong.
    I was right actually. You were the one going on about the "master" or "superior" S. I was ogoing on about teh encouragement of the teacher by going for the negative outlook for the pupil only.

So basically you were arguing on about some random S all along. No surprise there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    In your own mind, yes.
    So funny. :rolleyes:

Yet, so untrue. Use your eyes, look at past posts then type.

ReputationRep:
    Hurry up, I need my sleep. OR are you finished arguing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I was right actually. You were the one going on about the "master" or "superior" S. I was ogoing on about teh encouragement of the teacher by going for the negative outlook for the pupil only.

So basically you were arguing on about some random S all along. No surprise there.
    So that was your analogy. "Encouragement". I see. Shame that you didn't use the word "tenuos" for this analogy. Ohh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Hurry up, I need my sleep. OR are you finished arguing?
    Sorry Phil, I was doing a P1 past paper. I should have said somthing b4 I left, my apologies.

ReputationRep:
    While im all for Civil rights and an individual should be able to do what the hell they want. I think sex at 14 is a little, well, uhg!. Usually the bodies of the younger teens arent develpoed fully, and couldnt that be a little dangerous? Maybe im just being funny about the whole thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    While im all for Civil rights and an individual should be able to do what the hell they want. I think sex at 14 is a little, well, uhg!. Usually the bodies of the younger teens arent develpoed fully, and couldnt that be a little dangerous? Maybe im just being funny about the whole thing?
    I agree, I don't think you are emotionally or physically ready for sex at that age.
    I have a 14 yr old cousin and she is very petite, I couldn't imagine her having to go through child birth as she is just so tiny. Most of the 14 yr olds in my area aren't mature enough for sex imo. That's just way too young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    So that was your analogy. "Encouragement". I see. Shame that you didn't use the word "tenuos" for this analogy. Ohh well.
    Pity you choose to ignore the argument and only use one word from it. You still don't get the analogy do you?

Its "tenous" not your way of spelling it. Also This analogy was described in one of your posts as well. So unless you are walking back on your arguments (which I'm not surprised) then you are sprouting BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Pity you choose to ignore the argument and only use one word from it. You still don't get the analogy do you?

Its "tenous" not your way of spelling it. Also This analogy was described in one of your posts as well. So unless you are walking back on your arguments (which I'm not surprised) then you are sprouting BS.
    Just for the record it's actually "tenuous"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Just for the record it's actually "tenuous"
    Thanks! - that was bugging me too but you beat me to it on correcting it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

Firstly, stop trying to be a smartass when it is infact "tenuous".

Secondly, the only thing you said that springs to mind as an analogy was "And who needs to broadcast the "good" truths? After all, a teacher doesn't comment on your performance by saying "Oh look xyz is doing this well", they say "xyz needs to improve this"

Which in my view isn't a clear analogy, and thirdly you didn't explain your analogy. You left it to me to explain your analogy (supposedly yours despite the fact that you made no direct comparison), and I said "Yes, the more authoratative figure against the inferior figure, it's funny you mentioned the teacher: pupil thing..."

You explained nothing about that analogy (only in your mind) and you instead just said that my comment on this was BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Firstly, stop trying to be a smartass when it is infact "tenuous".

Secondly, the only thing you said that springs to mind as an analogy was "And who needs to broadcast the "good" truths? After all, a teacher doesn't comment on your performance by saying "Oh look xyz is doing this well", they say "xyz needs to improve this"

Which in my view isn't a clear analogy, and thirdly you didn't explain your analogy. You left it to me to explain your analogy (supposedly yours despite the fact that you made no direct comparison), and I said "Yes, the more authoratative figure against the inferior figure, it's funny you mentioned the teacher: pupil thing..."

You explained nothing about that analogy (only in your mind) and you instead just said that my comment on this was BS.
    1. I explained it more "clearly" for those who don't seem to use their brains.

2. And You didn't explain it, you tried to add bits to it which are just biased crap.

3. It was biased BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    1. I explained it more "clearly" for those who don't seem to use their brains.

2. And You didn't explain it, you tried to add bits to it which are just biased crap.

3. It was biased BS
    Adding what? I interpreted it differently to how you interpreted it yourself. i.e.) I went down the authoratatitve figure against inferior pupil route and said commented on that. It was glaringly obvious, you make out as If I twisted it in some way.

Nothing was twisted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Adding what? I interpreted it differently to how you interpreted it yourself. i.e.) I went down the authoratatitve figure against inferior pupil route and said commented on that. It was glaringly obvious, you make out as If I twisted it in some way.

Nothing was twisted.
    1. I did not mention "twisted" in any form.

2. Glaringly obvious? As in not the original analogy at all.

Basically you are going down the "master/superior" = America and "slave/inferior" = Middle Eastern/Iran route. Right?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.