The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
lol floss thats not fair, you have to look like a loner like everyone else, otherwise youd just be "too cool" for me to have a chat with you!
even tho im not on your course
and btw, good choice on Lonny! :biggrin:

well done Naomi!!!! :biggrin:
its gunna be a rave next year, gunna be sweeeeeet!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 81
YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm coming to lancaster!!!!!! C u all there!!!!
Reply 82
floss
i got BCC so didn't get on the accounting and finance course like mr mike but when i rang lancaster up they said i would get a phone call later for a reconsidered course so i'm doing politics with international relations with ems33!! it's not all too bad!!

hallam was my second choice but i really didn't want to go - good luck there mr mike. hope you find something you wanna do luke88 xx

To my amazement Lanacaster rang me the iother day and might be willing to reconsider me if I provide them with evidence from my school and doctor of the crap I've been through to justify my crap grades. I'll get back in touch on this thread if they accept me. :biggrin:
Good luck luke88!
Hi everyone, I'm new here and going to study English Literature with Creative Writing at Lancaster this September :smile:

I'm really looking forward to it but also am a bit nervous about all the change.

Anyone else signed up for this course?

Katie
Reply 85
i 'may be' coming lancaster fow law, i had the place within 2 minutes of talking to the head of the law department and applications were down this yr coz of 'the introduction of tuition fees.' i got aabb but got rejected by Ucl for economics coz they wanted AAA. does anyone know if law graduates get good jobs from lancaster uni...im goin down on wednesday to check out the apparently 'hot campus'. so i may c u all maybe.
Reply 86
you make sure you fight your corner good and proper luke88, all the best! I'm in but still in shock at getting decent news when i opened my envelope on thursday!

x
Reply 87
luke88
To my amazement Lanacaster rang me the iother day and might be willing to reconsider me if I provide them with evidence from my school and doctor of the crap I've been through to justify my crap grades. I'll get back in touch on this thread if they accept me. :biggrin:

Good Luck then! they must have had a major chnge of heart or felt guilty or something!
Reply 88
xxhollyxx
you make sure you fight your corner good and proper luke88, all the best!
x

Thanks.

I've written my letter explaining everything. I just need to go my doctors tomorrow and get a doctors note and get college to ring them up. Then hopefully, my application should be reconsidered.
Reply 89
luke88
Thanks.

I've written my letter explaining everything. I just need to go my doctors tomorrow and get a doctors note and get college to ring them up. Then hopefully, my application should be reconsidered.

good luck :smile:
Reply 90
historyhoney
good luck :smile:

seconded x
Reply 91
ditto . good luck luke.

And in reply to katie - who is new here and is doing English lit and creative writing in september
dont worry i think everyone is scared about the change i know i am but im sure it will be wicked and i look forward to seeing you there.
p.s im doing eng lit too so you will most definately have one friend :smile:

see you all soon x
Reply 92
Good luck Luke, hope you get in :biggrin:
Reply 93
Woohoo! Im going to Lancaster to do music :biggrin:
Reply 94
superstar1472
Im in to do Earth and Environmental science with a year abroad!!!

Im sorry all u people who never got it.... i know how u feel as my boyfriend has been given the good old KB despite phoning up about 5 times to plead with them :-( even after asking them for ANY course they wud give him with the grades he got! So now wer are desperatly trying to work out a uni he could go to that isnt far from Lancs. :-( Any ideas? the edge is most definatly off my place in Lancs sniff

UCLAN (it's in Preston, about a 10 minute train ride).

St Martin's (in Lancaster).

You will probably find it better that your boyfriend isn't going to uni with you in my opinion. My flatmate went to uni with her boyfriend and they have now split since they went home for the summer. I'm not sure what it's going to be like for her when we get back.

JollyJo
i'd send it anyway to be on the safe side... well done!!!!!!!!

DON'T!!!!

The slip is to DECLINE your place.
Reply 95
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!! They reconsidered me and accepted me. yah. See you all in October! Spanish and Politics I'm studying. :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 96
luke88
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!! They reconsidered me and accepted me. yah. See you all in October! Spanish and Politics I'm studying. :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Which colleges have you applied to?
aww well done!!!! hard work and pleading does the job.... c u ther!!!! ooo Phil ur in to do geog like me!!! i have ur myspace actually lol ur gettin a comment haha
luke88

Congratulation luke!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
luke88

well done !!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending