The Student Room Group

ASDA job: am I in or not?

Hey, guys

I really want to work over the summer holidays (I am a uni student) and ASDA seems really good!! I have 4 months until my 2nd year begins and I don't want to just sit at home and do nothing!

I have applied to ASDA a couple of months ago. I had my magic assessment (the group task part) just over 3 weeks ago now and I was told I will be contacted about a week later or so to be invited for a one-to-one interview. Well, this has not happened and I don't know why. I am sure I did really well in the group session :frown: However, when I logged in to my ASDA Jobs to check my application status, it says: "Application successful - waiting for the right role"... This job status update came in a week after my group magic assessment.
What exactly does that mean? Did I get the job or not?

Any advice, please? Many thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they have any contact number on the site? I would contact them and ask. It may be that you didn't apply to a particular role but applied to join a sort of 'pool' from which they then fill vacancies. This helps companies save time having to advertise, recruit, interview etc. every time a new vacancy arises. This is only hypothesis however - you can hopefully clear it up by contacting the recruitment team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending