libby_swan97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, I'm studying Ovid and Cicero (OCR) for my literature paper but i'm really struggling with the past papers... I never know when to quote the latin or which parts to talk about !! :/ If anyone could help me in any way in terms of how to answer the questions I'd really appreciate it!!!
Dazed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2647045&page=4

^this was the language discussion which has turned into lit - you might get faster replies on here.

As far as I'm aware it usually states whether to quote or not e.g with reference to the Latin text? Best of luck
LittleMissDancer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by libby_swan97)
Hi guys, I'm studying Ovid and Cicero (OCR) for my literature paper but i'm really struggling with the past papers... I never know when to quote the latin or which parts to talk about !! :/ If anyone could help me in any way in terms of how to answer the questions I'd really appreciate it!!!
I took this exam last year, basically, it will pretty much tell you when to quote Latin... And when you do, it needs to be specific; don't quote a whole sentence, it needs to be the exact verb or noun you're analysing the 'style' or 'content' for.
In the final 10 mark essay (I think?) you don't necessarily need to quote Latin, you just need to be specific about which poem and exactly what Ovid's argument is.
Watch out for how much time you spend on each question, make sure you split it 50/50 prose and poetry. Also, look online for commentaries and get your teachers to look for extra practice questions for you! Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?