The Student Room Group

Help with structure in Politics unit 2 exam tommorow!

I have the unit 2 exam tommorow, and i have a decent bank of knowledge and context, and i feel the unit 1 exam went really well, however because its a source paper, you have to answer the questions differently, and i dont know really what is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my teacher was terrible for this side of the course!
Ah well im doing politics A2 ideologies. (which is great, As Politics is so bad!) but I am retaking unit 2 tomorrow too! From going over past papers, what I can see is that the source qu's a) b)- require you to directly quote from the source material, (question b requires at least one point referenced from the source, and the two from your knowledge to get level 3. However, it really isn't that different from unit 1, in-fact the sources help.
Have you got any idea what topics might come up?
Reply 2
I have a feeling that there'll be a 40 marker comparison on the PM and presidential styles, also are you guys learning all 4 topics or leaving one out? I'm not touching the judiciary
I'm doing the cabinet, parliament and the constitution. I dont really like the judiciary I found it quite boring.
Original post by bgelbart
I have a feeling that there'll be a 40 marker comparison on the PM and presidential styles, also are you guys learning all 4 topics or leaving one out? I'm not touching the judiciary

I have learnt all of them, but you should be fine just doing three! At least you will know the other three very well
Reply 5
What exam board is this for?

I'm re-sitting AQA unit 2 and the Judiciary is part of the Constitution question unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
What exam board is this for?

I'm re-sitting AQA unit 2 and the Judiciary is part of the Constitution question unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel grimmmmmmmmmm
Sources aren't actually much different
You answer it the same but just quote a few times, probably once or twice in a 5 marker and 2 or 3 times in a 10 marker. Don't reference the source in the 25 marker at all. No difference basically! Answer the same but just mention stuff the source talks about
Original post by Stillnotcool
I'm betting the essay questions will be Constitution (probably something about the reforms), and the Cabinet (hopefully about how the PM is becoming a president, but probably power of the HoC or something like that).
Also I dont think you're meant to quote the sources, I have a textbook which says the examiners are looking for you to explain in your own words to show you understand whats in front of you

Yeah but as in you say: One reform proposed by the coalition is, as the source says 'the power of recall' and then go on to explain what that is. You DO have to reference the source or else they wouldn't be there!
Ye sorry don't directly quote, just refer to it in your own words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
stupid question but what's easier to learn core executive or multi-level governance? with doing parliament as other topic
Reply 11
Guys what do you call the committees which are set up to look at the passage of bills?

Our teacher called them Standing Committees but I believe the name has been changed to General Committees/Public Bill Committees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All my textbooks and revision guides call them standing committees, so I'm sure that even if the name has changed this would still be ok
Reply 13
Original post by kerryjane
All my textbooks and revision guides call them standing committees, so I'm sure that even if the name has changed this would still be ok

Okay, mine say that as well and that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending